Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll - 14 day EAP trial!

If you have received your EAP trial, based upon the trial have you (for the car)

• decided to buy FSD

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • decided to buy EAP - I was planning to anyway

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • decided to buy EAP - I was not planning to but liked what I saw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • decided not to buy EAP - I was planning to but found it not to my liking

Votes: 20 12.7%
  • decided not to buy EAP - I wasn't planning to anyway

Votes: 82 52.2%
  • not made up my mind yet

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • previously purchased EAP or FSD

Votes: 10 6.4%
  • not been offered the trial

Votes: 35 22.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Having trialled it for a week, must say I’m glad I didn’t choose to go with FSD or EAP when ordering my M3.

Don’t get me wrong, when I watch demos in America, it seems to be great, it’s the legislation over here that really holds Tesla back & this is probably years away from relaxing.

Absolutely not worth the money for me.

Reactions: pow216
Came back to the car to find a blank screen. Needed a two button reset. The Tesla came up only to disappear for another 30 seconds. Second logo and EAP gone.

Would probably have worried a less techie person. I wonder how many calls roadside assistance are getting today.
My software says my EAP trial runs out on the 31 March but it was still there today during my daily 90 mile round trip to Portsmouth. I wonder how long it will remain?

Would I buy? I think over the last 2 weeks I have parked 40x. Only once did it offer to auto park! Maybe if Elon charged my 20p/successful park I might sign up. The only reason to go for auto lane change is to save my passengers the annoyance of the bongs. If Elon took the price down an order of magnitude I might be tempted, but even then I am not sure I would!

Reactions: DenkiJidousha
I’ve now had chance to try the new features on a couple more trips.

Continued use of the Auto Lane Change has been generally very positive. The only time is has spooked me was when the car was pulling back into lane two from lane three after overtaking, and there was a lorry ahead in lane one. The car seemed unhappy, and started braking as it crossed into the lane next to the lorry. I accelerated manually.

I’ve also tried NoA twice, but that seems to verge on the dangerous. Both times, as it approached the required exit, it veered off into the exit slip without signalling, and on one occasion when it was halfway across the lane markings it then aborted the exit and veered back onto the motorway. On both occasions I took control and all was safe, but I can see that feature causing crashes.

I’ve no use at all for Summon, which is probably a good job because both times I’ve tried to use it it promptly disconnected. Just what you need when you’re remotely controlling a huge, heavy thing on wheels!

So, in summary, I would like Auto Lane Change and would use that, but the other features are either practically unusable or downright dangerous. £3400 - no! I’d happily pay £340 just for the Auto Lane Change.

Agree with that. One thing that make ALC a bit more natural would be confirmation with just the half-press three indicator flashes. That would feel far more natural and less "what the hell is that bloke doing".
Just to make it confusing, that’s exactly what the Model S/X uses for initiating ALC ie half press. A full press doesn’t work in those cars, while half Press doesn’t work in Model 3. A bit annoying when you drive both cars!

Reactions: Roy W.
The poll results should be quite a shocker for Tesla, one would think ...

It certainly doesn't reflect Tesla's hypothesis that it's worth what they're charging.

A forum full of enthusiastic owners and all it's done is put off the few who were considering the purchase? Not good.

I'm sticking with my original thought that EAP is worth £500 tops (more like £300) and FSD £1000 (more like £500). Right now they don't even work properly, so they're both worth £0 - as a customer I don't care how much they cost to develop, if they don't work then they're worthless.

I keep saying this, but Tesla are squandering their lead; 180k cars delivered in last quarter alone could be testing this software and collecting millions of miles of real world driving data and all they have to do is say "you can have it for free if you let us collect the data when you use it".

What are they doing instead? Fleecing a handful of customers by making them pay for unfinished software while all the major manufactures catch up.

After a few goes I found the auto lane changing to be quite handy, I liked it. The Navigate on Autopilot was a bit mad though - It didn't slow at all on the approach to the exit, then suddenly exited and braked at the same time and started ping-ponging in the slip road, so I took control straight away.
Summon didn't work at all - just says "Unable to blah blah blah at this time" every time.

All in all, not worth £3400. I'd maybe pay £500 for the auto-lane change feature.

I bought my Tesla model 3 long range a year ago and recent had the free 2 week enhanced autopilot trial installed.
Although I was excited at first, I’ve barely used summon, auto lane change or auto park. I certainly wouldn’t pay the £3400 for these features in their current from.

However I was surprised to see that I still have access to enhanced autopilot well after the 2 week period finished.
Have others noticed the same?

Third attempt at auto-lane change today, this time I finally got the "knack" and worked as smoothly as it can, thought I'd turned on mad max mode but hadn't so needed to change that to approach acceptable usage. Only one small phantom brake event.

NOA slowing down to 50 mph on motorway to motorway junctions was just embarrassing especially when there were long straight sections.

So I think as most have said I'd be happy to test and get data for Elon but paying for it is a non-starter. As someone who is mad enough to buy 2 phones a year outright some years or have 6 screens on the PC and generally buy whatever new tech there is out there even if I don't have a use for it, I have found very little I can find to justify paying anything for it. Without a lot more data on driving in the UK and the law changes I think we are still at least 5 yrs away from something useful in the UK.

My software says my EAP trial runs out on the 31 March but it was still there today during my daily 90 mile round trip to Portsmouth. I wonder how long it will remain?

Would I buy? I think over the last 2 weeks I have parked 40x. Only once did it offer to auto park! Maybe if Elon charged my 20p/successful park I might sign up. The only reason to go for auto lane change is to save my passengers the annoyance of the bongs. If Elon took the price down an order of magnitude I might be tempted, but even then I am not sure I would!
Mine the same. Still active today and slightly positive experience. Perhaps I’m getting better at judging the nag force required whilst flicking the indicator.

Has Tesla ever done discounts before for EAP? Been making the most of it the last few weeks, sometimes it’s a bit wobbly, but for the auto lane change it’s decent.

it would take a financial incentive of sorts to push me to get it. 🤷‍♂️

Yes, I didn't order even AP on the car back in 2016. EAP at the time was £4k and FSD another £3k, ordering post delivery added about 20% to the cost.

Than Tesla did an EAP 'trial' in 2018 and followed it up with a EAP/FSD 'sale'.

I cannot quite remember how much EAP was but I paid £4.5k to go from no AP at all to FSD. The main reason I did it wasn't because I believe in FSD, but because I wanted the AP3 CPU retrofit- which Tesla did about 7 months ago.

So yes, Tesla do change software activation prices, and have done 'sales'.

Has anyone else from the first tranche still got access to the EAP trial? Was expecting it to expire on 31st March.
I have too - and I seemed to get it on what appeared to be the first day it was gifted.

I still don’t see value in the current version of the software but had a good run in it yesterday, without my wife (who gets irritated with its mistakes), and I agree with others that it can be good at times - M25 was quite busy and I went from M3 to M4 totally under its control and I thought it did OK. 8/10.

I can’t say I use regular autopilot that much because of the phantom stuff but I have been pleasantly surprised at how nicely the car will now temporarily give a little more room passing a vehicle that’s not central in its lane. So natural.

I was one who had been tempted to purchase EAP and would love to have been able to justify it to myself for now - with the expectation the re-write is going to be much better. There are still too many gaps in its skills which means I can’t use it with a passenger and I find it’s generally more stressful than just driving the thing.

Reactions: Yachtsman
I'm struggling to understand exactly what's going on with this EAP trial. Out of the blue, with no notifications, emails etc from Tesla, I found yesterday, by chance, that I have the "Summon" option on the phone app. So went out to the car to enable it, have a play etc. All the EAP stuff seems to be there. However, there is nowhere that I can find an expiry date, nor indeed that I have it! Logging in to my Tesla account shows only the Premium Connectivity, which expires in September, a year after I purchased the car.
So I've no idea how long I have this. For the record, car software is 2021.4.12 and phone app was 3.10.9 but upgraded just now to 3.10.10.

Reactions: adsheff