Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll - 14 day EAP trial!

If you have received your EAP trial, based upon the trial have you (for the car)

• decided to buy FSD

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • decided to buy EAP - I was planning to anyway

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • decided to buy EAP - I was not planning to but liked what I saw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • decided not to buy EAP - I was planning to but found it not to my liking

Votes: 20 12.7%
  • decided not to buy EAP - I wasn't planning to anyway

Votes: 82 52.2%
  • not made up my mind yet

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • previously purchased EAP or FSD

Votes: 10 6.4%
  • not been offered the trial

Votes: 35 22.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From the feedback on this thread it appears I am not missing too much. As well as trying to boost quarter end sales figures, with the increase in numbers using EAP, I wonder if they are using this trial to fine tune the "machine learning" for EAP in the UK. Although if this was the case it would be odd timing to do it, as we cant do much driving at the moment.

I love AP - use it for 90%+ of my driving, and having seen video's of EAP working in USA was really excited to try it, But having used it on the motorway this morning, I'm really disappointed.

- Why do I have to indicate before lane change will execute? I suspect functionality has been diminished by European regulations...grrr.
- Even with confirmation, it kept cancelling the change with nothing around the car
- Why does it hate traffic cones? I do not need to change lane for that.
- Late indication on junction departure - but I don't have to manually indicate for this lane change. Not consistent and not good enough.
- Switched off as wipers switched on with a touch of drizzle - literally a few specs of rain and all of a sudden it was back to regular AP

Summon was fun for moving the car forwards a couple of feet, and I haven't tried parking yet.

Definitely not a purchase for me.

Well I seemed to have been one of the overlooked few. I was actually debating if I would splash on EAP and/or Acceleration boost but with all the bad feedback on here I guess I'll skip both for now. Need to find something else to spend on so I can hit that credit card spending target!

• Funny
Reactions: Doudeau
I love AP - use it for 90%+ of my driving, and having seen video's of EAP working in USA was really excited to try it, But having used it on the motorway this morning, I'm really disappointed.

- Why do I have to indicate before lane change will execute? I suspect functionality has been diminished by European regulations...grrr.
- Even with confirmation, it kept cancelling the change with nothing around the car
- Late indication on junction departure - but I don't have to manually indicate for this lane change. Not consistent and not good enough.
- Switched off as wipers switched on with a touch of drizzle - literally a few specs of rain and all of a sudden it was back to regular AP

Summon was fun for moving the car forwards a couple of feet, and I haven't tried parking yet.

Definitely not a purchase for me.
watch this guys videos for your answers, but it's mainly UNECE

In Bold:

Yep. Because of UNECE regs, the only unconfirmed 'lane change' is when exiting onto an off ramp
Possibly user error or lane change aborted due to timeout. At the point of lane change, the car must have detected your hands sufficiently on the wheel. It will nag you, but you only have a few seconds to act otherwise it will timeout. Another reason for a timeout is the car not detecting it save to start the lane change. The timeout is imho too short but is set by UNECE but has recently been extended I believe - no evidence I have seen that this has made it to the car though.
Its a safety feature, possibly even a regulation in some regions.
Yep, far too late. Hopefully just a regional difference and something they will catch up on.
'touch of drizzle'? Yes, rain can affect auto lane change functionality, but it needs more than a 'touch of drizzle' or spray.

I'm surprised you didn't mention the onramp merge :eek: You soon get use to when and when not to activate NoA and auto lane change.

From the feedback on this thread it appears I am not missing too much. As well as trying to boost quarter end sales figures, with the increase in numbers using EAP, I wonder if they are using this trial to fine tune the "machine learning" for EAP in the UK. Although if this was the case it would be odd timing to do it, as we cant do much driving at the moment.
I doubt it. The code is the same whether you use AP for EAP, it’s just which features they let you use so what are they training? They’ve already said it can run in silent move so the car can say ‘I’d have changed lane here’ and compare it to what the driver actually does. Add to that the beta beta version you see on YouTube is a significant rewrite.

I think it’s just to encourage people to buy it but unfortunately it seems to be having the opposite reaction, in Europe at least, as people query £3,400 for what you get.

Yes AB is still a possibility and still considering it. However disappointed I couldn't try EAP for a reasonable trial period 48 hours isn't enough for something like that.
You can try AB and cancel within 48 hours if the novelty has worn off by then. Just gives you more of a kick from a standing start and then feels the same once you are on the move. Useful if you do a lot of traffic light racing against seriously quick competition. But I find that I win 100% of the time anyway even with a stock LR. Still no medals to show for it though.

This thread should make sobering reading for any lurking Tesla devs.

"They literally couldn't give it away."
They probably could just give it away. There’s no additional cost to Tesla as far as I can see. They then get loads of usage data ....

I can’t even “legally” get near to a motorway to try out the NOA features within the 14 day period.

I had another longer test yesterday on the M6. I better got the hang of the wheel nag and indicator requirements so about 8/10 times it moved OK and usually moved back again. So the thing you have with AP where you need to re-engage it after an overtake, was mostly avoided.

I really didn’t like the navigate on autopilot aspect. The off ramp exits were not smooth and indication too late.

so on balance, I won’t be shelling out £3,400 quid for it, sorry Tesla.

Reactions: Paulmac999