Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll - 14 day EAP trial!

If you have received your EAP trial, based upon the trial have you (for the car)

• decided to buy FSD

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • decided to buy EAP - I was planning to anyway

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • decided to buy EAP - I was not planning to but liked what I saw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • decided not to buy EAP - I was planning to but found it not to my liking

Votes: 20 12.7%
  • decided not to buy EAP - I wasn't planning to anyway

Votes: 82 52.2%
  • not made up my mind yet

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • previously purchased EAP or FSD

Votes: 10 6.4%
  • not been offered the trial

Votes: 35 22.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven’t got the dominos discount so I’ll try the EAP trial instead.

Just tried Summon and I was underwhelmed. I’ll leave it to later when there maybe fewer lorries on the road to go for a drive.

I hope it’s not too good as I’m not sure I’ll be able to put a convincing case to my wife for us to spend £3400 on it.

Reactions: m3gt2
I'm quite excited. I love regular AP, use it a lot and am pretty tuned in to its quirks, so my only worry is that I might end up buying EAP.
Maybe I should give it another go. A couple of early events where it tried to "off" me into a motorway bridge and then another close encounter with the side of the A38, kinda made my mind up back in 2019. I love driving the car but the jittery nature of AP (at least as I remember it) worries me!

I wonder whether this is a prelude to FSD beta release and a subsequent price hike to EAP and FSD, to release the number of complaints that folk didn't get a chance to evaluate it before it became harder to afford.

I wonder whether this is a prelude to FSD beta release and a subsequent price hike to EAP and FSD, to release the number of complaints that folk didn't get a chance to evaluate it before it became harder to afford.
Could be.

Both FSD and EAP have been dished out as incentives now (FSD was Q4 2020 orders, EAP on Q1 2021) so they presumably have the framework in place to do it.

Reactions: Jez_GB
It's been tweeted saying you need to be on 2021.4.12 to be applicable
You may well need 2021.4.12 but it didn't arrive immediately after installing the software update (or the new app version).

I installed 2021.4.12 yesterday morning and updated the app around 9pm last night. Didn't have the EAP trial until earlier this afternoon.

The trial must have been pushed by an additional configuration update, or by a timed feature flag.