Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll - 14 day EAP trial!

If you have received your EAP trial, based upon the trial have you (for the car)

• decided to buy FSD

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • decided to buy EAP - I was planning to anyway

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • decided to buy EAP - I was not planning to but liked what I saw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • decided not to buy EAP - I was planning to but found it not to my liking

Votes: 20 12.7%
  • decided not to buy EAP - I wasn't planning to anyway

Votes: 82 52.2%
  • not made up my mind yet

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • previously purchased EAP or FSD

Votes: 10 6.4%
  • not been offered the trial

Votes: 35 22.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So this may have been answered already so apologies.

Took delivery on M3LR on Friday 19th.
It's a leased car so it doesn't show up on my Tesla account, but the app works fine.

There is no 'upgrades' option in the app - and from what I understand this was removed a while ago for all leased cars.

But I also don't have the EAP trial option.
Phone app version is 3.10.10
Car 2021.4.12

Anybody had this issue/ anything to resolve it?

So this may have been answered already so apologies.

Took delivery on M3LR on Friday 19th.
It's a leased car so it doesn't show up on my Tesla account, but the app works fine.

There is no 'upgrades' option in the app - and from what I understand this was removed a while ago for all leased cars.

But I also don't have the EAP trial option.
Phone app version is 3.10.10
Car 2021.4.12

Anybody had this issue/ anything to resolve it?
It's going out to people randomly or is possibly going to everyone but is staggered roll out. I haven't had it come through yet and my car's financed through Tesla loan.

I had another longer test yesterday on the M6. I better got the hang of the wheel nag and indicator requirements so about 8/10 times it moved OK and usually moved back again. So the thing you have with AP where you need to re-engage it after an overtake, was mostly avoided.

I really didn’t like the navigate on autopilot aspect. The off ramp exits were not smooth and indication too late.

so on balance, I won’t be shelling out £3,400 quid for it, sorry Tesla.
Yep, that about sums it up. 8/10 slow lane changes for £3400 just to avoid having to reset AP. Have you experienced a sudden aborted lane change yet? Those spice it up a bit!

I can’t even “legally” get near to a motorway to try out the NOA features within the 14 day period.

That did surprise me as well, offering the trial when in theory folk are not meant to be leaving home unnecessarily. Whilst I was able to try it legitimately within current restrictions on a journey a few days ago, certainly this coming week there is no real opportunity to do so without at the very least my conscience taking a hit. I suppose if the stay at home restrictions are lifted as hoped for on the 29th there'll be a day or two left for me at least.

But, as it stands at the moment, one's limited experience of for example navigation on autopilot is that it is more distracting and dangerous than anything else and I'm unlikely to get much of an opportunity to change that view. Bit of an own goal there from Tesla.

Reactions: Yachtsman
I just have to take my hat off to Elon for being able to prise this much out of peoples’ wallets for AEP. If I think about all the software I have bought in my life, I can’t think of anything that does so little that costs so much.

Really the autopark should be standard given they can’t even provide you with a decent birds eye view which far cheaper cars have been doing for years.

Reactions: kelvin 660
OK So far I tried to Summon the car. Standing about 5m away in front of the car;

Vehicle Disconnected
Reconnect
Vehicle Connected
Summon
Summon Stopped - hold the button to Summon
Summon, with the button held down.
Summon starting
Summon Failed
Stand closer to the vehicle.....

OK how about I sit in the driver seat and drive it?

How much does TESLA want - £3,400....well perhaps at £340....but then again for a party trick perhaps £34.....so that is my offer to Tesla if they want to sell something.

To be honest it is not even a party trick. I imagine the scene showing this to friends and it not working there would be some serious ribbing handed out!

I am off on a ski holiday instead of buying this so called upgrade!

You can try AB and cancel within 48 hours if the novelty has worn off by then. Just gives you more of a kick from a standing start and then feels the same once you are on the move. Useful if you do a lot of traffic light racing against seriously quick competition. But I find that I win 100% of the time anyway even with a stock LR. Still no medals to show for it though.
Is the 48hr cancellation policy documented anywhere, I'd hate to shell out only to be told no cancel option?

same, no offer of trial :(. 2018 P-. Hopeful now that there are some reporting different dates for their trial. Assumption is it will come up eventually.

Ideally it would be an option for any contiguous 2 week period once the subscription is running. Will keep hoping - what tesla does, doesn't always make sense to people watching from the outside unfortunetly.

No trial for me yet. I was certain that I was going to pay for EAP (couldn't justify FSD with UK legislation/country roads!) but I'm now starting to doubt it.....
You could justify it in the basis of a ‘promise to pay’ or that you want to be part of the development project. I very much doubt anyone could honestly say it’s worth £3400 for the difference over standard AP.

Don't worry guys, you're definitely not missing out. The only good thing to come out of the trial (for me) is knowing I made the right decision in not getting it. However being able to move the car forwards and backwards whilst cleaning it (which was handy) - but certainly, can't warrant £3,400 for it though. The other features imo aren't refined enough to use. I always knew this would be the case though