TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Poll: 35k or 49k

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by djkwanzaa, Aug 21, 2017.

?

Which model 3 are you going to get?

Poll closed Sep 4, 2017.
  1. First Production - 49k - 310 mile range

65.5%
  2. Standard Production - 35k - 220 mile range

34.5%
  1. djkwanzaa

djkwanzaa New Member

Curious what everyone else is going to do. I can't decide if its worth 14k for the extra battery, since I don't need the premium features.

2. Neoforce

Neoforce Member

You should be able to get long range without the premium package. So it's $9000 more, not $14,000

I really want the extra range, but when I crunch the numbers (with heavy use of abetterroutplanner.com) I've decided that I can live with extra stops at superchargers

• Like x 5
    • Informative x 1
  3. erthquake

erthquake Member

#3 erthquake, Aug 21, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
    It's only $14k if you don't want to wait a few months. If you wait, you should be able to get the LR version without the PUP.

Edit: Bah! Beaten to the punch by Neoforce. Nicely done :D

4. djkwanzaa

djkwanzaa New Member

Interesting, didn't think about waiting for the 35k and then upgrading the battery separately. I assumed it wouldn't have many options either other than color, wheels, autopilot.

• Love x 1
  5. SageBrush

SageBrush Active Member

I've decided (for today anyway) on $44k:

220 range
    PUP
    EAP

• Like x 5
  6. nikeykid

nikeykid Member

LR non-premium, which one do i pick???

7. EVNow

EVNow Active Member

#7 EVNow, Aug 21, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
    $35k. Assuming I can get that in time for the full tax credit.

ps : I don't think I'll keep the car that long.

• Informative x 1
    • Love x 1
  8. Sandiegodoug

Sandiegodoug Member

The 49k one because I really like the range in my wife's x100d and I really want the glass roof. Actually 51,200 because delivery charge and want the pearl white.

9. Chargedmr2

Chargedmr2 Member

This is my plan as well. Wonder when this version will show up in the production plans? I'm hoping it's available before the tax credit expires.

10. WileyTheMan

WileyTheMan Member

I've always been an option junkie, so the first production offering is what I would have gotten regardless.

11. Stirfelt

Stirfelt Member

A lot of factors are still undetermined: tax credit; future options; changes in specifications; colors and etc.
    Plus ... construction of additional superchargers ..... that is a 'biggie.'

Basically, I will use the M3 as an around-town car, with occasional trips to my children's home (100 mile round trip). Most charging will occur in my garage. Therefore, I would rather spend the $9k on interior and creature comforts.

I am hoping before my "due date" (late 2018 or early 2019) additional exterior colors will be available as well as interior colors. I will not have black inside or out. (personal choice ... you get to pick your color and I pick mine).

Plus .... I want to read more about reliability. Quite frankly, several post of this forum have not been too encouraging.
    I will be trading a 2015 Toyota Avalon Hybrid that is 100%, rock-solid dependable and comfortable. Not willing to trade for some of the problems that others have written about (granted they were S and X models). And, I recognize that people tend to write about their complaints rather than their praise.

I'm glad I have a year to sort things out .... even if I miss the tax credit.

12. siggyfreud

siggyfreud Member

Just keep in mind that ALL posts on this forum about the Model 3 re: reliability are all speculative at this point. Not a single person on this forum actively posting has one yet, not would they have had enough time, even if they did get one, to assess any long-term reliability issues. If you're taking queues from the Model S folks, that's another story, and one I don't know enough about (in regards to reliability) to comment.

• Helpful x 1
  13. kev1n

kev1n Member

i think 40k or 41k is the magic number most people will go with.

35k + 5k premium package + 0-1k color of choice

• Like x 2
  14. JPP

JPP Active Member

Neither-I want AWD/Dual drive and 310 miles and premium....

• Like x 1
  15. grashelm

grashelm Member

35K plus 1K color, 1K destination charge, taxes, fees yada yada yada.

• Like x 1
  16. timk225

timk225 Member

I want the big battery, but for $9000? No way in hell. So my 3 will be $36K. Base model + white paint.

And if the long range battery were reasonably priced, I would add it on, but still no other options.

• Like x 1
  17. AlanSqB

AlanSqB Dog Chauffeur

LR, Color, EAP.

18. turtlesz

turtlesz New Member

Going for first run with PUP+LR. Will also get EAP+color. Hoping white interior will be an option in the PUP. No longer going for the sport wheels if the aero wheels without covers do look like the photos from last week.

• Like x 1
  19. siggyfreud

siggyfreud Member

I guess I'm in the camp that thinks the long range version with a bigger battery is reasonably priced. 9k for 90 miles seems pretty decent when you consider going from the MS75 to MS100 is over 20 grand.

• Like x 2
  20. Justmurr

Justmurr Member

I'm along these same lines...I'm at $54k as I've decided that I like the black with the aeros, covers on. Covers off the standard wheels would work well with other colors but hey...I'm saving myself the $1000 on paint and I'm excited to make this my first black car. I've already blown the budget so saving even the $1k on paint will help, even if only a little.

Gotta get the EAP, that's the one that hurts a little.
    Fingers crossed on the white interior choice too.