Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll: 35k or 49k

Which model 3 are you going to get?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A lot of factors are still undetermined: tax credit; future options; changes in specifications; colors and etc.
Plus ... construction of additional superchargers ..... that is a 'biggie.'

Basically, I will use the M3 as an around-town car, with occasional trips to my children's home (100 mile round trip). Most charging will occur in my garage. Therefore, I would rather spend the $9k on interior and creature comforts.

I am hoping before my "due date" (late 2018 or early 2019) additional exterior colors will be available as well as interior colors. I will not have black inside or out. (personal choice ... you get to pick your color and I pick mine).

Plus .... I want to read more about reliability. Quite frankly, several post of this forum have not been too encouraging.
I will be trading a 2015 Toyota Avalon Hybrid that is 100%, rock-solid dependable and comfortable. Not willing to trade for some of the problems that others have written about (granted they were S and X models). And, I recognize that people tend to write about their complaints rather than their praise.

I'm glad I have a year to sort things out .... even if I miss the tax credit.

A lot of factors are still undetermined: tax credit; future options; changes in specifications; colors and etc.
Plus ... construction of additional superchargers ..... that is a 'biggie.'

Basically, I will use the M3 as an around-town car, with occasional trips to my children's home (100 mile round trip). Most charging will occur in my garage. Therefore, I would rather spend the $9k on interior and creature comforts.

I am hoping before my "due date" (late 2018 or early 2019) additional exterior colors will be available as well as interior colors. I will not have black inside or out. (personal choice ... you get to pick your color and I pick mine).

Plus .... I want to read more about reliability. Quite frankly, several post of this forum have not been too encouraging.
I will be trading a 2015 Toyota Avalon Hybrid that is 100%, rock-solid dependable and comfortable. Not willing to trade for some of the problems that others have written about (granted they were S and X models). And, I recognize that people tend to write about their complaints rather than their praise.

I'm glad I have a year to sort things out .... even if I miss the tax credit.

Just keep in mind that ALL posts on this forum about the Model 3 re: reliability are all speculative at this point. Not a single person on this forum actively posting has one yet, not would they have had enough time, even if they did get one, to assess any long-term reliability issues. If you're taking queues from the Model S folks, that's another story, and one I don't know enough about (in regards to reliability) to comment.

• Helpful
Reactions: Stirfelt
I want the big battery, but for $9000? No way in hell. So my 3 will be $36K. Base model + white paint.

And if the long range battery were reasonably priced, I would add it on, but still no other options.

I guess I'm in the camp that thinks the long range version with a bigger battery is reasonably priced. 9k for 90 miles seems pretty decent when you consider going from the MS75 to MS100 is over 20 grand.

Going for first run with PUP+LR. Will also get EAP+color. Hoping white interior will be an option in the PUP. No longer going for the sport wheels if the aero wheels without covers do look like the photos from last week.

I'm along these same lines...I'm at $54k as I've decided that I like the black with the aeros, covers on. Covers off the standard wheels would work well with other colors but hey...I'm saving myself the $1000 on paint and I'm excited to make this my first black car. I've already blown the budget so saving even the $1k on paint will help, even if only a little.

Gotta get the EAP, that's the one that hurts a little.
Fingers crossed on the white interior choice too.