Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll: 3x - 4x mph Refreshed Model S (LR and Plaid) Vibration issue build / VIN ranges

IF you have this vibration, what are your first three (of last six) VIN digits?

• Less than MF432x

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • MF43201 - MF436x

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • MF43601 - MF439

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • MF43901 - MF443

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • MF44301 - MF447

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • MF44701 - MF452

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • MF45201 - >MF455

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • 2022 NF series

Votes: 9 17.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Brando Half shafts replaces, wheels alighted, tires balanced. Not fixed. Many seem to be infected with this flu as well, unfortunately. Inherent refreshed MS design defect, probably.
IF wide spread, then it sounds like an assembly problem. perhaps a part problem [such as bad ball joint for example] NOT design.

Example of assembly problem: Ford transmission. Tracking down/looking for the problem they found fellow on the assembly line "tightening" some bolts - NO torque wrench - this caused case to crack. When asked why the worker responded, he didn't want it to leak so he made double sure it was "tight".

This Ford transmission was getting such a bad reputation that some realized only the US made had problems and Japan made did not. So some buyers would only accept cars with Japan made transmissions. Ford design so parts were identical. So a visit to factory assembly was the only way to find this problem.

of course ALL speculation on my part - every one will thank you for insisting Tesla find the problem & fix it.

My Plaid on factory 21’s does this but it is so mild that it doesn’t bother me. Around 40 mph, a very slight vibration in the accelerator pedal. That’s it. Car is smooth and nobody else notices it. I just feel it in my right foot. Once I get about 5-10 mph outside of 40 mph, it’s gone. Is that what you all are experiencing?

MF441

Reactions: cwanja and jebinc
My Plaid on factory 21’s does this but it is so mild that it doesn’t bother me. Around 40 mph, a very slight vibration in the accelerator pedal. That’s it. Car is smooth and nobody else notices it. I just feel it in my right foot. Once I get about 5-10 mph outside of 40 mph, it’s gone. Is that what you all are experiencing?

MF441

@emailforbrett Similar, yes. Please record your vin in the poll thread. Many thanks!

Update on my MF4394xx VIN with this vibration.... Received a response (excerpt below) from the sr. SC manager this morning. I look forward to hearing what they may've found to be the "root cause," after days of extensive testing. I think transducers were used as part of that testing/isolation process, as their future use was mentioned by one of the techs previously. More to come....

"We have been able to consistently reproduce the vibration and have done some testing to see if we can better isolate the source. I'll give you a call with an update later today!
"

Update on my MF4394xx VIN with this vibration.... Received a response (excerpt below) from the sr. SC manager this morning. I look forward to hearing what they may've found to be the "root cause," after days of extensive testing. I think transducers were used as part of that testing/isolation process, as their future use was mentioned by one of the techs previously. More to come....

"We have been able to consistently reproduce the vibration and have done some testing to see if we can better isolate the source. I'll give you a call with an update later today!"
What was the afternoon (yesterday) update?