Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll: 3x - 4x mph Refreshed Model S (LR and Plaid) Vibration issue build / VIN ranges

IF you have this vibration, what are your first three (of last six) VIN digits?

• Less than MF432x

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • MF43201 - MF436x

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • MF43601 - MF439

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • MF43901 - MF443

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • MF44301 - MF447

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • MF44701 - MF452

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • MF45201 - >MF455

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • 2022 NF series

Votes: 9 17.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What was the afternoon (yesterday) update?
@cwanja Update was provided in this thread.

@cwanja Update was provided in this thread.

another thread to keep up with.

Last edited:
I don’t know. It’s the 43 mph vibration thing. Haven’t read much about. Haven’t even read this entire thread. Do I have options? Do we know what the cause is? Cliff notes pls…
@dropgems CNs as follows:

1. Many have it; it's quite annoying for some, and meh, for others
2. Many report it in numerous TMC threads and polls
3. Telsa is aware of it, but doesn't seem to know what the fix is
4. Be sure to report it to your local SC, as the more that do, the faster we all may see a real solution...

Reactions: dropgems
@dropgems CNs as follows:

1. Many have it; it's quite annoying for some, and meh, for others
2. Many report it in numerous TMC threads and polls
3. Telsa is aware of it, but doesn't seem to know what the fix is
4. Be sure to report it to your local SC, as the more that do, the faster we all may see a real solution...
Thanks for that! It’s noticeable to me but not super annoying. Maybe like a 3 or 4 out of 10 on the annoyance scale. I actually did mention it to a mechanic at the dealer a month ago and he hadn’t heard of it. I don’t usually notice it but when I do, I wonder wtf is causing it and would like to know.

Thanks for that! It’s noticeable to me but not super annoying. Maybe like a 3 or 4 out of 10 on the annoyance scale. I actually did mention it to a mechanic at the dealer a month ago and he hadn’t heard of it. I don’t usually notice it but when I do, I wonder wtf is causing it and would like to know.
@dropgems Yep, that's it! One day it's like, "ah, I can live this this...." the next day, with increased vibration intensity, I say, "WTF, I want this gone.... not enjoying the car..." I would suggest you send in a statement via the app to document this vibration, even if you don't want to bring it it right away.

Seems like this issue may have run its course. I was expecting a lot more reports, but no.

So, this issue might be limited to a set of bad parts or improper installation/alignment of a driveline component. This is good, as it may not be a design defect effecting the entire fleet!

No 2022s reporting in yet…. Yet.
@WilliamG

Reactions: bhzmark
Seems like this issue may have run its course. I was expecting a lot more reports, but no.

So, this issue might be limited to a set of bad parts or improper installation/alignment of a driveline component. This is good, as it may not be a design defect effecting the entire fleet!

@WilliamG
I disagree. I just think most people don’t notice it.

Reactions: cwanja

@WilliamG
I disagree. I just think most people don’t notice it.
Given how subtle mine is, I would expect that to be the case. People might also just think it is road vibration.

Reactions: WilliamG
It really is very subtle in my car. It is definitely a recurring characteristic, as it happens 100% of the time at steady speed to slightly accelerating around 40 mph. Maybe it’s more of a characteristic of the refresh S, rather than a flaw.

I have very good roads by me, so, this is a very unwelcome/unwanted “characteristic” that my half the cost M3 and MYP don’t have. Oh and lest us not forget, mine got worse with time.

If mine gets worse, then that’s a whole ‘nother story. I documented it with the SC and they will have a look at it while they are fixing the myriad of other issues I’m having. I’m in Florida. The only smooth pavement is inside my garage. Once I back out, it’s all third-world road conditions.

• Funny
Reactions: cwanja and jebinc