Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll - 60 to 75 upgrade

Are you going to upgrade from 60-75 KWH now that the price has dropped to $2K?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My option is none of the above, I think all 60 owners who bought their cars AFTER the price increase should fight to get the upgrade for FREE as the new 75/75D pricing is the same. What are we paying $2k for?
I can see why you are upset. Especially after the price increase , the window was so narrow. But doesn't everyone feel that way after they missed a deal/discount that inevitably comes later?

I paid for it late last night, but I'm not so sure it was worth it for me. My 60-100% was 208, and my 75-90% is now 217. It should come in handy on road trips or longer drives, but in reality one additional stop wouldn't have been the end of the world for me.
exactly my thoughts and why I'm holding out - might as well spend the extra 2K on the M3 when that is out.

If I could upgrade my classic 60's for 2k each, I would do it in a heartbeat.
When you spend 100K 3 years back - 2K now seems like peanuts. So I might consider that in a year or two - but really the range has never bothered me. I been on a grand canyon trip 1000+ miles from so cal , and when i did the math/research a 300KW battery would need the same number of stops. Agreed that it would be very handy in colder regions.

Reactions: gabeincal
If you take a long road trip, you might see more reasons to upgrade. I just recalculated my trip and I can skip 2 SCs and just charge longer on one (for 20 minutes). Remember that a lot of SCers are not right off the highway and require significant time/kwhs getting to/from. I can save 2 hours on my big road trip to visit in-laws EACH WAY. Time is $. This will pay itself off for me in 3 trips.

My 60 was at 219 miles on 100% (as of 11:00 today-April 17). After 2 hours of charging, my new 75 has posted 255 miles at 100%. My $2k bought me 36 miles. During the last 5 minutes of charging, the amps went from 30 to 11 amps and the rate went from 23 mi/hr to 22 miles/hr.

As I used EVTripPlanner, it left me with a very low threshold of remaining miles to go between supercharges in Arizona. (arriving with under 10% battery). This caused some range anxiety that the new 75 is supposed to provide some relief from.
To me - its not how many times I will travel long distances, its that I could not travel at all in my Tesla (between these stops). So I am not just buying 36 miles, I'm putting vacations on the calendar that I could not reach before. Was THAT worth $2k?.

Reactions: twonius
My 60 was at 219 miles on 100% (as of 11:00 today-April 17). After 2 hours of charging, my new 75 has posted 255 miles at 100%. My $2k bought me 36 miles. During the last 5 minutes of charging, the amps went from 30 to 11 amps and the rate went from 23 mi/hr to 22 miles/hr.

As I used EVTripPlanner, it left me with a very low threshold of remaining miles to go between supercharges in Arizona. (arriving with under 10% battery). This caused some range anxiety that the new 75 is supposed to provide some relief from.
To me - its not how many times I will travel long distances, its that I could not travel at all in my Tesla (between these stops). So I am not just buying 36 miles, I'm putting vacations on the calendar that I could not reach before. Was THAT worth $2k?.

219? Is that a typo? Mine usually charges to 209. The highest I've ever seen it go is 215, after charging to 100% at Tenaya Lodge and then getting an extra 6 miles on regenerative braking from going down the mountain.

Reactions: BLKMDL3
I paid for it late last night, but I'm not so sure it was worth it for me. My 60-100% was 208, and my 75-90% is now 217. It should come in handy on road trips or longer drives, but in reality one additional stop wouldn't have been the end of the world for me.

Does the upgrade make it indistinguishable from a S75? Except for the exterior badging, do the display logos all change?

219? Is that a typo? Mine usually charges to 209. The highest I've ever seen it go is 215, after charging to 100% at Tenaya Lodge and then getting an extra 6 miles on regenerative braking from going down the mountain.

My 60D did 219/220 and now just did 255. I believe @AZ Desert Driver likely has a 60D/75D as well. I believe I will get 260 after cell/module balancing. Remember, our cars have never actually charged to 100% before, just 84-86%.

Does the upgrade make it indistinguishable from a S75? Except for the exterior badging, do the display logos all change?

everything in the car changes, and you can get a new badge from a ranger of SC. Basically the only way to tell it was a 60 at one point in its life is if you show the person you sell the car to your original title/mfg statement of origin. Ironically my title just says "Model S" and not "Model S 60" lolololol.