Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll: Aero covers - will you use them?

Do you plan to use the M3 aero covers?

• Always

Votes: 107 37.5%
  • Only on long trips

Votes: 92 32.3%
  • While I'll be getting 18" wheels, I never plan to use the covers.

Votes: 23 8.1%
  • I won't be getting 18" wheels.

Votes: 31 10.9%
  • Unsure

Votes: 32 11.2%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

KarenRei

ᴉǝɹuǝɹɐʞ
Jul 18, 2017
Iceland
Another thing I'm curious about. do you plan to use the M3 aero covers?

For me, I'm voting "always" - but not to save me money on power and charge faster (although it would). Style trends in vehicles change based on what people are accustomed to. I want people to be used to seeing aerodynamic wheels, so that demand for better vehicle aerodynamics rises.

Another thing I'm curious about. do you plan to use the M3 aero covers?

For me, I'm voting "always" - but not to save me money on power and charge faster (although it would). Style trends in vehicles change based on what people are accustomed to. I want people to be used to seeing aerodynamic wheels, so that demand for better vehicle aerodynamics rises.
I actually like the look. I am only nervous that so many people seem to hate it. Hopefully you are correct, and after time it grows on people.

Style trends in vehicles change based on what people are accustomed to. I want people to be used to seeing aerodynamic wheels, so that demand for better vehicle aerodynamics rises.

Hmmm, that is true... I voted "only on long trips", but I do think they're ugly... now. But it is true that after seeing stuff for a while, you get used to it and then start to think it's not bad.

I voted always but I might end up being someone who runs aeros in winter - maybe to help compensate for heater and cold weather range losses (shrug) and aeros off in summer...cause the car might look better (shrug again).
I'm an east coast person who enjoys the seasons.
I'm not sure how much I'll worry about these aeros once I get the car though. I'm currently decided on the standard black color and think the aeros look good with that and the midnight silver.

I voted "Unsure," and that describes my situation. I've never seen one, except in pictures.

By the time my number comes up, they may have other wheels? Hopefully other exterior colors?
(I owned a 2010 Prius and never took the covers off .... even tho the wheel was not bad looking).

From what I've seen so far, the underneath wheels look like 100% to me. I voted for only on long trips, but if it's not significant I may not bother. I want 18" for the following reasons :
  1. Softer/more compliant ride with 18" vs 19"
  2. Save $1,500
  3. Option to use aero if worth it
  4. 3rd party cover offerings might be cool, who knows
  5. Cheaper to replace tires