Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

POLL: After v11, Will You Download a New Update Again Without Reading Reviews First?

After the v11 drama, will you download a new update again without reading a lot of reviews first?

• I used to download new updates ASAP, but from now on I'll let other people try it first.

Votes: 33 29.2%
  • I've always waited read reviews before updating my car's software, so nothing will change for me.

Votes: 16 14.2%
  • I don't like v11, but it's not enough to make me delay future updates.

Votes: 15 13.3%
  • I like v11, and I won't change my behavior because so many people can't deal with it.

Votes: 45 39.8%
  • Something else (explain in comments).

Votes: 4 3.5%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wish I would have waited. The problem is you can’t get the FSD updates without the rest of the v11 crap, and as others have pointed out, the car will update whether you want it to or not.

As a general rule, I wait until at least the .1 or .2 version with my phone and computer. Teslas are less clear cut.

Reactions: Baluchi
Yep. I will. If they add valuable features like the blind spot cams and stuff like that, I will deal with UI changes I may not agree with. That being said, I don’t mind V11 at all. I only had 10 for 2 months though. It seems the people most upset are the people that had their cars the longest on the old version.

I like to update as soon as I get it - like to be on the latest and greatest and am eager to see the new changes.

I’ll live with the stupid decisions they make and adapt. I live in Denver so I drive in cold and snow often and have no issues turning on the climate, seat heaters, steering wheel heater, wipers all while driving, so no issues for me. Would I prefer they be one click, instead of two? Sure, but the new setup doesn’t affect my ability to drive in the least.

Reactions: Krock65