Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Poll] - Are u buying the Standard $35k or $37k Model 3?

Are u buying the Standard $35k or Standard Plus $37k Model 3?

• Yes. Already placed the order

Votes: 15 9.3%
  • Yes. Definitely placing order within the next few weeks.

Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Yes. Definitely buying it over other non-Tesla EV that are similarly priced

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Not sure. Still considering

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • No. Already own one or multiple Tesla

Votes: 100 62.1%
  • No. It is still too expensive for me.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • No. The range at 220 mile or 240 mile is too short

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • No. The features isn't what I want.

• No. I am waiting for the Model Y (small SUV)

Votes: 12 7.5%
  • No. I am buying EV from other brands.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • No. I don't have charging equipment at home or at work place.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. I am sticking with gasoline car. EV sucks.

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ggnykk

Feb 7, 2016
Earth
Are u buying the Standard $35k or Standard Plus $37k Model 3?

Just want to have a comprehensive poll to see what people think about the cheapest Model 3 offering. Let's see if it really is a mass-market product that Tesla hope for. Please vote!

Reactions: P3D_Denver
Looks like most people already own a Tesla and won't be buying the cheapest Model 3.

This has been my worry, is there really a massive amount of people left waiting for SR Model 3? Seems like a large number of hold outs made it happen last year with the mid range or the long range. I remember a lot of post in this forum when the Mid Range was released of hold outs giving in for that car with the $7,500 tax credit. Haven’t really seen much forum action last couple days about people celebrating finally placing their order for a SR.

Of course there are the new buyers, but without store fronts are these people really going to take the plunge of buying online after never owning or even sitting inside a Tesla?

Also kind of disappointing with how this was done, should have been a celebratory moment for Tesla of finally getting to the goal of being able to release the 35k model, but instead they announce they are going to force the release of it by laying off their sales force and closing their stores. Very odd decision.

Reactions: Catman20009
This has been my worry, is there really a massive amount of people left waiting for SR Model 3? Seems like a large number of hold outs made it happen last year with the mid range or the long range. I remember a lot of post in this forum when the Mid Range was released of hold outs giving in for that car with the $7,500 tax credit. Haven’t really seen much forum action last couple days about people celebrating finally placing their order for a SR.

Of course there are the new buyers, but without store fronts are these people really going to take the plunge of buying online after never owning or even sitting inside a Tesla?

Also kind of disappointing with how this was done, should have been a celebratory moment for Tesla of finally getting to the goal of being able to release the 35k model, but instead they announce they are going to force the release of it by laying off their sales force and closing their stores. Very odd decision.
I agree with you totally. I think the people who originally wanted the cheapest Model 3 have either already bought the Mid Range M3, or simply waited way too long and bought another EV or gasoline car already.

And it is true that Tesla chose the strange route of announcing the 35k/37k M3 as well as job cuts and cutting prices massively in Model 3/S/X models.

We can speculate, but Tesla has all the data. They can see how many people are still in line for the base model.

Believe they have been brilliant in not only coming up with the base model, but also additional configurations that give great value for the money.

Think less and less buyers will opt to the very lowest cost models, as the options offered are well priced and very enticing.

The offering for the Plus version is pretty compelling, as you get better performance, better range, a far more upgraded version, but for only a little more money.

Each step up is just a bit more expensive, but you get great value if you opt that way.

People will want to get their order in before the next tranch of tax credits and incentives goes away and the cycle begins again.

Seems like there is always something coming just around the corner. Currently people are going to hope they get the new computer and capability to use the new V3 Superchargers.

Decisions...decisions.

We can speculate, but Tesla has all the data. They can see how many people are still in line for the base model.

Believe they have been brilliant in not only coming up with the base model, but also additional configurations that give great value for the money.

Think less and less buyers will opt to the very lowest cost models, as the options offered are well priced and very enticing.

The offering for the Plus version is pretty compelling, as you get better performance, better range, a far more upgraded version, but for only a little more money.

Each step up is just a bit more expensive, but you get great value if you opt that way.

People will want to get their order in before the next tranch of tax credits and incentives goes away and the cycle begins again.

Seems like there is always something coming just around the corner. Currently people are going to hope they get the new computer and capability to use the new V3 Superchargers.

Decisions...decisions.
yea, I agree that the $37k version is a better value than the 35k model 3.

Hmm...I kind of doubt people would rush in get the car before the next tax credit expiration. I think people know by now that it is better to get the car AFTER the tax credit expiration. Because the base price of the car will drop even further.

Pretty sure that Model 3 can already accept V3 supercharger because it has much thicker cable inside the car compared to Model S or X.

I suspect results here are skewed, since I bet there aren't THAT many members here without a Tesla. I just joined the forum, and placed an order for a SR+ hours after the announcement. I wasn't a reservation holder previously, but have admired teslas. We were shopping PHEVs and Bolts, but weren't terribly excited about them. Teslas were just a bit too expensive to justify, but the SR+ has range in line with a Bolt and nearly the same price...so we jumped!

I still think a lot of people can’t afford the 35k version and they will continue to make a stink about how it is expensive. It’s best they move on and buy a used volt or something. I am not sure if we will get that huge influx of 35k car over the 40k MR

I ordered an SR+ today. Black/black, no AP, standard wheels. $37K plus $1,200 dest.

We already own a LR RWD with EAP, so I figured if we go on a long trip or a trip with a lot of freeway driving we can just take the LR car. So this will be our second Tesla, replacing my trusty Lexus. I rarely drive more than 30-40 miles a day, almost always on surface streets, so I saw no reason to spend an extra $3K for AP. I’ve used it only infrequently on the LR so I don’t think I’ll miss it.

We have a wall connector in the garage so charging every night is a breeze. After tax credits and incentives this car will only cost me about $30K plus tax. It’s an amazing bargain for that price. I’m very excited.

The web site quoted me a two week lead time after it confirmed my order. It said they would deliver the car directly to my house. We’ll see.

I suspect results here are skewed, since I bet there aren't THAT many members here without a Tesla. I just joined the forum, and placed an order for a SR+ hours after the announcement. I wasn't a reservation holder previously, but have admired teslas. We were shopping PHEVs and Bolts, but weren't terribly excited about them. Teslas were just a bit too expensive to justify, but the SR+ has range in line with a Bolt and nearly the same price...so we jumped!
i am glad that Tesla is now stealing sales from other cheaper EV, like the Bolts.

Reactions: Evoforce and gene
i am glad that Tesla is now stealing sales from other cheaper EV, like the Bolts.

We'd resolved to eventually get the MR unless Chevy tried to dump bolts at ~30k selling price. A lot of the desire to wait or go with cheaper EV was image in a small town (trying not to be too showy). Everyone thinks the Teslas are really expensive, but go price a truck sometime! I imagine those not looking into them will still think it's expensive/flashy.

We'd resolved to eventually get the MR unless Chevy tried to dump bolts at ~30k selling price. A lot of the desire to wait or go with cheaper EV was image in a small town (trying not to be too showy). Everyone thinks the Teslas are really expensive, but go price a truck sometime! I imagine those not looking into them will still think it's expensive/flashy.
I just double check the Bolts website, the base price is $36700 before incentive. The mid-range M3 is priced at $37000 with slightly more EPA range. So Tesla pricing is really competitive with other cheap EV. I think the sales of Nissan Leaf, Bolts etc will tank.

You’ll never know when you see one passing by if it’s a $70K Performance or a $35K SR. They all look the same.
Yes, hopefully that makes finding parts easy if you need a replacment once they go out of warranty. No special 8 option deep selection. Black, white, red, blue, black/white int. The only goofy part is the 3P+ hubs.

Of course you are going to spend the extra $2,000. It's a no brainer. After incentives this car is only around $32,000. That's what I spent on a new Honda Odyssey back in 2012. That wasn't even a stretch and I was being hit hard by the great resession. This is the deal of the century. I really wish I was in the market for a new car.

Reactions: gene