TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

[Poll] Are you an existing Tesla owner?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Thomas Edison, Aug 10, 2017.

Tags:
?

Do you already own a Tesla? (giving you priority on the reservation list)

This poll will close on May 6, 2020 at 11:33 PM.
  1. Yes

95 vote(s)
    56.5%
  2. No

73 vote(s)
    43.5%
  1. Thomas Edison

Thomas Edison Member

Just wondering how many of us are already Tesla owners or if the Model 3 will be your first Tesla.

2. Tiger

Tiger Member

I don't have a reservation. I'm waiting for the next MX ;) And a 2xSC in Estonia ;) Tesla should first make sure all countries have at least one 2xSC (service center + supercharger) before adding more in current countries. This remains a blocking issue for the time being.

3. vinnie97

vinnie97 Member

Too skint to be an owner already.

4. Phrixotrichus

Phrixotrichus Member

Driver yes, owner no. I want the model 3 to be my first own tesla...depending on european prices that is.

5. Stillers67

Stillers67 Member

Current owner and Model 3 reservation holder. Purchased a CPO a couple of months ago while waiting on the Model 3.

6. CmdrThor

CmdrThor Active Member

Unfortunately I think your poll is going to be skewed by the larger number of owners already on TMC.

• Like x 2
  7. Thomas Edison

Thomas Edison Member

I don't think so :)

• Like x 1
  8. Bridor

Bridor Member

I own a 2014 Tesla Model S 85 (No autopilot) and a 2016 Tesla Model X 60D (Autopilot version 1). Looking to replace my 2013 Nissan Leaf SL.

9. Thomas Edison

Thomas Edison Member

What mileage do you average on each?

10. CmdrThor

CmdrThor Active Member

Ok. The last count was 455,000 Model 3 reservations. Your poll currently says 46.2% of reservations are owners. That would mean over 210,000 owners have a Model 3 reservation. The last I have seen is that Tesla has sold 230,000 cars. Assuming there was a distinct owner for every car and none of them have been totaled in a wreck, that is over 90% of owners that have a Model 3 reservation. Seems unlikely to me. Your audience is skewed towards current owners.

• Like x 2
  11. Thomas Edison

Thomas Edison Member

Except you don't know what percent of those subsets of people are on this forum. So those numbers don't tell you anything.

I'm asking the question to the people here, not surveying the total population of either of those groups.

12. Maximilien

Maximilien Member

Yes, I am a proud Tesla owner ;)

So proud that I bought another one in 6 months.

But I am guilty of spending too much on cars.

I guess I can stop after Model 3? Darn it, there also comes Roadster Gen. 2!

• Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  13. Bridor

Bridor Member

If you are asking about miles per month, I am at 109K miles on my Model S (about 75K miles per year) and I am at 30K miles on my Model X (about 36K miles per year).

If you are talking about energy efficiency, I am averaging 360 watt hours per mile on my X and 344 watt hours per mile on my S.

My wife and I do a lot of driving. I live in Arizona and work in California... She is from Washington and we do a lot of trips there.

Brent

14. Thomas Edison

Thomas Edison Member

I was wondering about miles per month, how it averaged out for you having multiple EVs.

15. GeekGirls

GeekGirls Kid in Candy Store

It's not altogether surprising that a Tesla enthusiast forum skews toward Tesla owners, but the thread is a great excuse for people with and without prior experience with the brand to mix.

16. sammyfan711

sammyfan711 Member

A lot of us owners have 2 reservations as well - this will throw a bit of a wrench in those numbers

• Like x 1
  17. Pinot.Noir

Pinot.Noir Member

Yep, I have two reservations.....not sure if I will buy the 2nd one....depends on how long the tax credit sticks around

18. PTFI

PTFI New Member

This is my 1st post. (Cool Forum) I voted "NO" but I will have priority delivery. My son is a Tech @ Tesla He ordered/configured our Mod 3 Saturday morning after the big "Hand-over" event in Fremont. We will be a 1st time EV owners when the M3 is delivered in a couple of months.We have lots to learn....

• Like x 1
  19. WileyTheMan

WileyTheMan Member

This'll be my first EV. I've waited for over two years for this thing. I can wait a little longer.