Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll: Are you in favor or against U.S. doing more in Ukraine?

Are you in favor or against U.S. doing more in Ukraine?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
55 howitzers have arrived in the Donbas area along with ammunition. Training outside of Ukraine occuring. U.S. expects a long fight. In next 24 hours a dozen plans set to arrive with more supplies, such as Phoenix Ghost drones. 20 planes of supplies have arrived in past 24 hours with supplies from seven nations.
Quote: ... U.S. and 40 other nations are helping the Ukrainians continue that defense.

Last edited:
To give you an idea how important is the lend lease act, below is what the U.S. gave Russia during WW2:
  • 400,000 jeeps & trucks
  • 14,000 airplanes
  • 8,000 tractors
  • 13,000 tanks
  • 1.5 million blankets
  • 15 million pairs of army boots
  • 107,000 tons of cotton
  • 2.7 million tons of petrol products
  • 4.5 million tons of food
Stalin commented that they couldn't have won the war without the U.S. help. U.K. received more than that.

Long lines till fill up in Kiev. Would you rather have a gas or electric car if you lived in Kiev?
Lose lose either way. With most the Ukrainian nuclear power plants under Russian control, it is only a matter of time until they squeeze the power grid too. I am really surprised they haven't done this yet.

Supposedly Putin is going in soon for a cancer operation. You can only imagine how closely the medical team was vetted for this. Probably holding all their families hostage until he recovers.

With Victory Day (May 9th) coming up, curious to see what posture Putin will take then. I doubt there will be a lot of military equipment to parade through Red Square as usual. Will be curious to see what kind of celebration, if any, they have at Victory Park. Prior to this war I would have recommended anyone visiting Moscow to see this and the Yuri Gagarin statue made out of titanium (about 130' high).

Reactions: Terminator857
Seems like a good place to drop bomb(s) from drone(s).
If only it were that simple.

I think bringing the attacks to Russian territory does have some significant risks. On one hand you want to bring the fight to the enemies homes. On the other, I think if many Russian really understood what was going on in Ukraine, they might be against the war. Once you start attacking their homes, then you might have even more people willing to go in and fight in Ukraine and with more "enthusiasm".

I think the best option is to get better weapons, with greater reach, and take out the supply chain to Russian troops. If you anger the Russian bear too much, they are like to just pull out the tactical nukes. The thermobaric rockets there were using are very dangerous, along with thermobaric bombs which are even. I hate to say it, but Russia has used some restraint in not decimating Kyiv. I have now lost 5 good friends in Mariupol.

Geopolitically this war has been a cluster. Now every country that was debating about obtaining/building nukes or not clearly has the answer. If Ukraine still had nukes, there would not be a war now. At the same time, if Russia drops a tactical nuke in Ukraine (heaven forbid), and there is little blowback so to speak, you have just cleared the deck for Israel to drop one on Iran, or several, to take out their weapons before Iran does it to them.

Ukraine is almost as corrupt as Russia. I say screw thenm both.
Corruption has nothing to do with aggression. Most dictators are corrupt, and for that matter there's a lot of corruption in our own government. But that does not give approval to a dictator invading another country, for if it did, we'd belong to Britain. The attitude of "screwing them both" is obviously your opinion of the whole matter, while most of us prefer to try to help the little guy get a little more of a fair shake. Luckily none of us individually are required to give up anything: Your taxes don't go up, you still have free education and protection from invasion by another country or dictator, you still can drive anywhere you want without filling out a form and asking permission.

I'd guess that if you lived in Ukraine (like some of my relatives) you'd have quite a different opinion.

Reactions: Terminator857
Win or lose Ukraine is not going to change anything in the big picture. Ukraine is nothing but a small tactical pawn in the Putin chess
And although we're just looking over the shoulders of the players, the winner of that game will want to have a match with Romania, then perhaps Finland, then perhaps Britain, then perhaps South Africa, and then might think he has a shot of ruling the world, though he'd have to get approval from Trump for that.
And I disagree. Every chess move affects the entire game.

And although we're just looking over the shoulders of the players, the winner of that game will want to have a match with Romania, then perhaps Finland, then perhaps Britain, then perhaps South Africa, and then might think he has a shot of ruling the world, though he'd have to get approval from Trump for that.
And I disagree. Every chess move affects the entire game.
The future is already written out, as you mentioned. Ukraine doesn’t matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.