Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll: Are you in favor or against U.S. doing more in Ukraine?

Are you in favor or against U.S. doing more in Ukraine?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pumping Ukrainian blood
1653828383574.png

Source: Oleksii Revika

Last edited:
A PhD museum worker turned soldier , account of the war.
I am not a military man. I never aspired to be in the military. I am a PhD in historical sciences, researcher, museum worker. And a bit of a writer. I should devote time researching history, writing scientific and scientific works. And yet - art books. Because I like it and even it works.
But lately I’ve been military. Cause there is a war in my country. We enter into artillery duels every day, in which one successful arrival of an enemy shell will turn us into minced meat. We sleep in bodies on drawers in incredible density, and bathe in warm water once a month. When it rains, we are wet, when it is swamp, we are dirty as hell (and we wash once a month, I remind you, and it is not a fact that there will be such an occasion next month). And when there was frost, my pobratimi vídmorožuvali their fingers. We eat when there is a free minute, not when it's time to eat or have an appetite. Sleeping is so off the charts, I don’t know if I’ll ever get back to my regular 23rd-7pm schedule. At this point, we are a priority target for the enemy. And they can try to destroy us in different ways, to the same at every moment.
And in similar conditions, if not harder, there are now thousands of historians, writers, accountants, bankers, IT workers, teachers, designers and others in Ukraine, away from peaceful professions. They are killed from the 152th and from the point-in, they will fly bullets and vogi, cassette and phosphorous ammunition. Some of them are already dead. And someone will never return to their profession again because they burned out. But they all keep fighting. Because Ukraine is behind them. Because if they put their guns down, their parents will be killed, wives and daughters raped, and homes destroyed or confiscated.

And when by the mouths of politicians of France, Italy, Germany and other countries offer us to lay down arms, agree to the loss of territories, give Russia some security guarantees (absurd !!! Russia does not need any guarantees of security, it is its neighbors who need guarantees from their threat)... So I feel rage and deep disgust. Disgusting these worthless people who, through their prejudices or thanks to Putin's dirty money, are ready to condemn my country to absorption, to a slow and painful death. Disgust and rage at those who have enormous opportunities to help overcome a crisis but instead strive, knowingly or unknowingly, to deepen it. Because even the complete surrender of Ukraine will not solve the problems of world security. On the contrary, will push Russia to new zagarbanʹ.

We don't need suggestions to surrender. If you are not ready to fight with us against the said enemy, then help us with weapons, money, sanctions. We need a lot of things to defeat Russia and thus sharply reduce the level of the global crisis. But we have the main thing - motivation. We have historians willing to sleep on drawers of five people in two bedrooms and for weeks muck without being able to wash. We have accountants ready to eat only porridge with stew for months. We have young students living their best years under threat of death. And they won't go anywhere - unless they all get killed.

Ukraine will fight either to victory or until it can resist.

With respect,
a writer, author of six books,
currently a junior sergeant of the Armed Forces of Ukraine
Nazar Rozlutsky.

• Informative
Reactions: daniel
Ukraine is counter attacking in the Kherson region. Earlier in the day it was reported that Ukraine had taken Mykolaivka
47°29'34.5"N 33°23'19.3"E · Mykolaivka, Kherson Oblast, Ukraine, 74020 by the Ukrainian armed forces.
ISW reports that Ukrainian forces have crossed the Inhulets River in that region.

Also has been reported that they have taken Snihurivka, which is 60 km to Kherson.

Russia is cutting communication in the Kherson region:

Last edited:
From Lesia, a Ukrainian member of parliament: You don't appease criminals, you punish them.
Mediation and negotiation are civilized measures reserved for civilized law-abiding members of the international community. You don’t negotiate with a serial killer. You send out a SWAT team to neutralize him and bring him before a court (if taken down alive that is)

Aggression is a crime. Under international law it is not enough to just stop it. Russia must actually admit its wrongdoings, apologize and pay. This is how responsibility of states works. It is not about humiliation. It’s about justice and prevention

#putin has done everything possible to humiliate himself and his whole nation. To be russian today is synonymous to being a rapist, a pedophile, a looter, a killer, an uncultured alcoholic and an immoral savage. Might also be why many russians choose to burn their passports

Whoever negotiates peace for #Russia can bring back national dignity only by admitting the wrong, allowing the guilty to be brought to justice and begging forgiveness from the victims. A national repent is what could rehabilitate the russians

Last edited:
Ukraine reported to be now 30 km away from Kherson.
From same town Blahodatne, sources say it is 15 km to Kherson. My distance is based on downtown Kherson, rather than edge of Kherson. So to be more precise: 15 km to edge of Kherson and 30 km to downtown Kherson.

Ukraine is requesting much more:
Our goals are as follows:
  1. many NATO-type MLRS;
  2. complete replacement of some Soviet-type calibers;
  3. organic units immediately ready for combat;
  4. hundreds of heavy armored vehicles;
  5. fighter jets, anti-aircraft and missile defence systems.

Excerpts:
More than 1,500 of our servicemen are currently undergoing training or will begin their training shortly.
Goals:
  1. obtain a significant amount of NATO-type MLRS units with ammo;
  2. ensure complete replacement of some existing Soviet-type calibers (worn guns, shells not produced or scarce) with platforms that are common in NATO countries and equipped with ammo;
  3. agree with partners regarding the transition from supplies of separate platforms to integral organic units immediately ready for combat. This will significantly boost efficiency on the battlefield;
  4. ensure the supply of hundreds of heavy armored vehicles, without which effective counterattack is impossible. It should be considered that Soviet equipment is mostly obsolete and needs to be prepared for combat. Meanwhile, we are receiving only light armor from partners, not necessarily with weapons;
  5. obtain fighter jets, anti-aircraft and missile defence systems to protect our skies.
I cannot say that I am satisfied with the tempo and quantity of weapon supplies. Absolutely not.
The situation at the front lines is difficult. Every day we have up to 100 of our soldiers killed and up to 500 wounded.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.