Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Poll] - are you mad that your new Tesla just missed Autopilot 2.0?

Are you mad that your new Tesla just missed Autopilot 2.0?

• Extremely Pissed!! I want refund or compensation!

Votes: 63 14.7%
  • Mad!! In shock! I will be in daze for days...

Votes: 38 8.8%
  • Slightly mad, but understandable since technology always improve

Votes: 90 20.9%
  • Not sure/ neutral

Votes: 11 2.6%
  • It is alright. Thank god I leased my Tesla instead of owning!

Votes: 36 8.4%
  • Not mad. Know that it is coming given the rumors about Autopilot 2.0

Votes: 38 8.8%
  • Not mad at all. It is good that Tesla keep improving Autopilot hardware

Votes: 129 30.0%
  • None of the above.

Votes: 25 5.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It doesn't sound unusual at all to get $50k on a trade in for a 2+ year old car with an original $90k MSRP.

With AP the numbers would have been 55 trade/92.5 MSRP, so not a huge depreciation based on the raw numbers. I had a hard time selling it outright because everyone wanted AP so the net cost to me was probably higher.

48%. I would be mad at myself for being impatient.

That is certainly closer to the mark. I knew if I waited a little longer I could get AP2 but on September 28 the 90D with 13K discount popped up and I couldn't help myself. Whatever negative feelings I have are directed at myself and fate, but in the grand scheme of things I'm one of 160,000 people driving a Tesla so can't really get too upset.

And one other thing. Tesla sent me this email in July essentially announcing when AP2.0 would be available. I was just too damn stupid to read between the lines. :oops:

"We’re excited to extend the Tesla Referral Program until October 15, 2016. Just share your personal code with friends, family, or anyone else. They can use the code to get a $1,000 credit towards a new Model S or Model X."

And one other thing. Tesla sent me this email in July essentially announcing when AP2.0 would be available. I was just too damn stupid to read between the lines. :oops:

"We’re excited to extend the Tesla Referral Program until October 15, 2016. Just share your personal code with friends, family, or anyone else. They can use the code to get a $1,000 credit towards a new Model S or Model X."
Yeah :) It was right there. They've done the some thing with Facelift release.

"Related Model S order must be placed after February 16, 2016 and delivered by April 15, 2016 for a referral code to qualify"

And on April 15 2016, Facelift Model S was announced.

The current program ends on January 15, 2017. Shall we expect some new stuff?

• Informative
Reactions: ggnykk
:( Should i sell the facelift now or what do i do
Do what makes you happy. You're the one who has to live with it.

However, my suggestion would be to just ask yourself, "are you happy with what you're driving now?" If yes, then keep on driving your facelift MS until it's time to upgrade. If no, then sell and reorder...

Either way, I suspect AP2 will not be fully functional for some time - from the software perspective and/or from the Federal/State regulatory perspective - so don't beat yourself up... Tesla will not run out of cars, so you have plenty of time to think about it.

Good luck! ;)

I have a non AP Model S 85 and a three week old X 60D. I love both of the vehicles and wouldn't get rid of either one. I love the auto pilot in the X and it does exactly what I need:

Drive in bumper to bumper traffic
Help to drive long distance trips

I love the fact that AP 2 is taking us closer to level 5 autonomy, but I can wait for many years.

The vehicles that Tesla makes are eons ahead of any other manufacturer and I love that I am driving all-electric and can go cross-country.

Brent

Reactions: NYEVDriver
For all of you who are sad about not having a discount... I am from Portugal and I thought about buying a model S in May... Since there's no Tesla service or store in Portugal I had to rent one in Austria, and I paid 1000€ for a 3 day P90DL rental just to test drive it and be sure the car was better than the Panamera I had since 2011. I made the purchase in June and waited until 1st of October for the delivery. I had to pay 3500€+VAT for transport and papers and I had no offers from Tesla whatsoever. I am very happy with my car, even if my closest supercharger is 800km away and the closest Tesla service is 1200km away. I am not complaining, just giving a different point of view so some of you have a different perspective. It's a great, great car, with or without AP 2.0, and buying a custom Tesla in Europe means almost for sure there will be improvements by the time you actually get it.