Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Poll] - Are you ordering Model Y?

Are you ordering Model Y?

• Yes. Definitely ordering on 1st day of unveiling, or Already placed order

• Yes. Definitely ordering within the first few weeks of unveiling

• Yes. But I will wait until it is in production

• Yes. But I will wait until the big price drop

• Yes. But I will wait a few years for quality to stabilize

• Not sure. Still considering

• No. Already own one or multiple Tesla

• No. It is still too expensive for me.

• No. The range is too short

• No. I am waiting for Tesla Pickup truck or Roadster

• No. I am buying EV from other brands.

• No. I am sticking with gasoline car. EV sucks.

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wasn't going to order one because it looked too much like my 3 and it would have been hard to rationalize spending an extra 10-20K for the higher riding position and the hatchback. But then my son ordered a Y and I thought that if he can do it, why can't I? And I guess that I really do miss having a hatchback, especially when I struggle putting my bike into my 3.

So I put my $2500 down yesterday for a midnight silver RWD, but since my 3 is already a MS, I'll probably switch the order to white. I really wish Tesla had more and better color choices. I'll also probably upgrade to a AWD.

AP is perfect for me because I never use the NAP and Summon features in the EAP package on my 3.

Reactions: abasile
I wasn't going to order one because it looked too much like my 3 and it would have been hard to rationalize spending an extra 10-20K for the higher riding position and the hatchback. But then my son ordered a Y and I thought that if he can do it, why can't I? And I guess that I really do miss having a hatchback, especially when I struggle putting my bike into my 3.

So I put my $2500 down yesterday for a midnight silver RWD, but since my 3 is already a MS, I'll probably switch the order to white. I really wish Tesla had more and better color choices. I'll also probably upgrade to a AWD.

AP is perfect for me because I never use the NAP and Summon features in the EAP package on my 3.

I ordered a Y just like my 3, MSM AWD with AP. We'll, except my 3 has FSD now. I miss the extra room. I've driven SUVs for most of my life. I love my 3, but in 2 years it might be time to trade it in our sell it to my kids

Reactions: ggnykk

I always wonder why Tesla took out the silver color. Silver is one of the most popular color for any car manufacturer

I always wonder why Tesla took out the silver color. Silver is one of the most popular color for any car manufacturer
While it might be popular on other car makes, for Tesla silver wasn't as popular as the remaining color choices. Over the years they also got rid of the very dark metallic green, brown and titanium (sort of metallic gold in appearance) as well as the solid white base color. In the case of the solid white base (no extra cost) color, I think it was because it was too popular — they make extra money on multi-coat white. The rest were relatively unpopular and the reduction in color choices simplifies manufacturing.

Nowadays there are so few color choices that it might be best to get a black car and have it dipped or wrapped. Then one can have any color one wants and change it from time to time, if desired. I would like to hope that once Tesla becomes more successful they will offer more color choices, but that sure hasn't been the trend thus far!

While it might be popular on other car makes, for Tesla silver wasn't as popular as the remaining color choices. Over the years they also got rid of the very dark metallic green, brown and titanium (sort of metallic gold in appearance) as well as the solid white base color. In the case of the solid white base (no extra cost) color, I think it was because it was too popular — they make extra money on multi-coat white. The rest were relatively unpopular and the reduction in color choices simplifies manufacturing.

Nowadays there are so few color choices that it might be best to get a black car and have it dipped or wrapped. Then one can have any color one wants and change it from time to time, if desired. I would like to hope that once Tesla becomes more successful they will offer more color choices, but that sure hasn't been the trend thus far!
Metallic green, brown, and gold titanium are definitely strange and unpopular car, no matter the manufacturer. I don't know about other people, but Tesla only offering one light color choice (white) is very limiting.

I love my Model 3, but I could see that in 2-3 years time me getting a Y as my life situation (might) change. Having a larger car for a family would be fantastic, and with it being so similar to my 3, would make the switch pretty effortless and familiar. But for now, it'll be the waiting game, I am in absolutely no rush.

Reactions: ggnykk