Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Poll] - Are you ordering Model Y?

Are you ordering Model Y?

• Yes. Definitely ordering on 1st day of unveiling, or Already placed order

• Yes. Definitely ordering within the first few weeks of unveiling

• Yes. But I will wait until it is in production

• Yes. But I will wait until the big price drop

• Yes. But I will wait a few years for quality to stabilize

• Not sure. Still considering

• No. Already own one or multiple Tesla

• No. It is still too expensive for me.

• No. The range is too short

• No. I am waiting for Tesla Pickup truck or Roadster

• No. I am buying EV from other brands.

• No. I am sticking with gasoline car. EV sucks.

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was going to order but it looked very similar to Model 3, except taller. Yes, roomier but less range and a little slower than Model 3. The panoramic roof of Model Y does not seem as large as Model X to show the sky view.

Also I was hoping for Falcon Wing Doors, but I admit I would expect too much from $39,000 vehicle.

I am going to skip Model Y but will just enjoy every bit of Model X.
I think the glass roof of Model Y is the same design as what you see in Model 3.

Elon took my money and laughed.

Attachments

• FEB6D443-A995-4434-A79E-E49B83F284D0.png
    FEB6D443-A995-4434-A79E-E49B83F284D0.png
    144 KB · Views: 88
Reactions: ggnykk
Probably not a good idea to have the same config and color. Every time you go to your garage to drive the car, you would keep wondering "is this the Model 3 or Model Y?" coz they look so similar haha.

If Elon brought the Y up on stage first instead of the 3 I honestly wouldn't have noticed. I'd just be like "nice, when will that factory chrome delete and matte black wheels be available for 3 buyers."

• Funny
Reactions: ggnykk
Will be ordering as soon as New Orleans service center opens
Being 365 miles from nearest center(Houston) is a deal breaker since change in policy makes it my responsibility to retrieve the car if service cannot be preformed by roving technician

Do you really need 600 mile range with V3 superchargers coming? As you say that's a very long way off today, especially at that price point!
More range is great for driving "off the beaten path", especially in areas like rural western North America. A bigger battery also means even faster Supercharging on a per-mile basis, as the charge rate won't taper as soon. So I understand the desire for a range of 600 miles, even though 300 miles is generally more than ample enough.

I think you need 600 miles EPA range if you do a lot of road trip. You mostly use the battery from roughly 10% to 80% in road trip when you supercharge, so that's 70% of the range. In addition, the actual range is a lot less than the EPA range in winter time. So these two factors combined mean 40% of the 600 miles EPA range is the real world in long road trip in winter. That's only 240 miles real world range per charge. Really not that much compare to gas car.
That seems awfully pessimistic. Winter range loss isn't generally that bad on road trips because the car keeps the battery from getting too cold. Winter range loss is worse when making lots of short trips that necessitate re-warming the battery and re-heating the cabin each time, but there's no need to worry about range loss when you're just driving around town.

Model Y will likely be my next car, but my Model 3 still has new car smell so that won't be any time soon! Definitely not until well after the Model Y has started shipping (and I'd want 7 seats which isn't until 2021 anyway).
Overall I like my Model 3 more than my old S, but I miss the hatchback of my Model S at times, and my ideal car would have been a Model 3 with a hatchback... which is basically the Model Y.

However, my plans might change depending on the reveal of the Tesla Pickup!