TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

POLL: Are you taking the EAP class action settlement money?

Discussion in 'Tesla, Inc.' started by dbldwn02, May 2, 2018.

?

Are you taking the EAP class action settlement money?

1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    17.9%
  2. No

17 vote(s)
    43.6%
  3. I'm not eligible for any money. :-(

15 vote(s)
    38.5%
  1. dbldwn02

dbldwn02 Member

Personally, I'm a no. I'm not a lawyer but I feel like this would limit my options in the future. Plus, $95 isn't going to break me. :p

2. Fellsteruk

Fellsteruk Active Member

What’s the point?

Harming a company you want to grow?

• Like x 3
    • Love x 1
  3. jbcarioca

jbcarioca Active Member

IMHO this is absurd. I am very pleased to have EAP and don’t expect improvement on any defined schedule.

• Like x 2
    • Love x 1
  4. Tiger

Tiger Active Member

Maybe everybody who bought into the EAP/FSD should be sued ...

5. realvvk

realvvk Member

I don't want to take the money. But what happens if I exclude myself? Does my share go back to Tesla or do the lawyers get it?

6. Fellsteruk

Fellsteruk Active Member

I’m being thick and no doubt you’ll all say google it.

But is the class action basically about AP2 not being where it should be in terms of functionality?

Obviously with safe harbor etc Tesla shouldn’t be saying we will do x on y date and they just shoot themselves in foot but expecting features and doing a class action when not appearing seems a total joke.

What next?

7. McRat

McRat Well-Known Member

It depends on the agreement. It's a negotiation, and needs to be approved by the judge. Sometimes, there is a second check issued to class members. Sometimes it goes to a charity. Sometimes it goes to the state. Sometimes it reverts to the defendant.

But the lawyers will try and boost administrative costs as high as possible. While the surplus can't go to them, costs of the settlements can.

8. dbldwn02

dbldwn02 Member

Well, I tried to exclude myself from the settlement but it didn't work. They never received the two separate letters I sent them. I even had my wife write the address because my handwriting is horrible.
    Guess I should have spent $15 on registered mail. I still don't understand how you are automatically a part of this weather you like it or not.

P.S. The name of the douche handling this case is Rob Lopez and his e-mail is [email protected]. You can contact him for more info if you need any. The autopilotsettlement website isn't working right now.