Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll - Are you waiting for the infrastructure bill before ordering?

For those in the market for a tesla - what of the below options do you belong to?

• I can wait - and I am going to wait until at least august (when they hope bill will pass)

Votes: 65 19.8%
  • I can wait - and I am going to wait until at the bill passes (August 2024.....)

Votes: 35 10.7%
  • I can wait - and am ordering now and accepting deliverh ASAP

Votes: 49 14.9%
  • I cannot wait - and am ordering now and accepting delivery ASAP

Votes: 92 28.0%
  • I cannot wait - but I am going to milk my current situation to maybe get until august

Votes: 15 4.6%
  • Undecided and will make a rash decision as I have ADHD

Votes: 12 3.7%
  • I would pay 2X MSRP for a tesla because I make bank, therefore accepting delivery ASAP

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • I currently have a Tesla and will trade in for a different vehicle when incentives pass

Votes: 21 6.4%
  • I currently have a Tesla and am trading in before incentives pass

Votes: 10 3.0%
  • I am going to keep my current Tesla for at least 2+ years and incentives will not change that

Votes: 24 7.3%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Figured I would make a poll to see where I am at versus the rest of you in regards to Tesla ordering...

In another post i commented there are two situations:
1) Those who cannot wait and want a Tesla
2) Those who can wait and want a Tesla

What we may miss out on jf we accept delivery before bills pass (these are totally going to change in value and probably ideas, but are incentives that exist from reading current bill standings (may be wrong)...
From what I gather the GREEN act and infrastructure bill want to propose all of the following:
$7k tax incentive for models between 200k-600k production.
$10k point of sale rebate.
$XXXX potential trade in incentive (like when cash for clunkers occured) if you trade in an ICE vehicle over 2 years old towards a BEV

Looks like it took away ability to poll once moved?

I just cast a random vote, so I dont think so...(Edit: My random vote was "undecided and I will make a rash decision" in case you are calculating numbers somewhere, remove one of those)

Oh I see, you re created the poll. I was not aware that polls would break if the post was moved. I will have to keep an eye open for that.

Reactions: Pyre
We recently paid off the wife's Ioniq. While we are happy with no car payment, the incentive will make it very tempting to purchase sooner since we wanted to get a her a Model 3 down the road anyways.

The assumption is it will only be MX and MS for a year or two first then all others? No release date I presume.
Elon has been downplaying S&X saying they are a very small part of Tesla. So I doubt will be exclusive to S&X for a year. If redesigned S&X have HW4 then I would guestimate 3&Y will get it within 6 months. Based on deals with TSMC for computer parts others have guessed that it is coming the end of this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: andrewdtran
Man, I'd really love to have an idea of when Green act or Infrastructure bill will pass. Given the tendency of the wheels of government to grind slowly, I'd be surprised if anything happens before the end of the year. I am ready to order a Model Y today, but I worry that I'm going to feel like a fool if I take delivery and then 2 months later the car is suddenly $7.5k cheaper due to the rebate. What are people hearing about the timing of one of these bills passing? And from everything I've heard, neither will be retroactive, so you need to wait until something is signed.

Reactions: andrewdtran
Man, I'd really love to have an idea of when Green act or Infrastructure bill will pass. Given the tendency of the wheels of government to grind slowly, I'd be surprised if anything happens before the end of the year. I am ready to order a Model Y today, but I worry that I'm going to feel like a fool if I take delivery and then 2 months later the car is suddenly $7.5k cheaper due to the rebate. What are people hearing about the timing of one of these bills passing? And from everything I've heard, neither will be retroactive, so you need to wait until something is signed.
Same here! Note, though, that if the bill passes with that intact, I would not be surprised if Tesla increases their prices a bit, so the price diff might be a bit less.

From what I read (one source) they hope for it to pass by early August before their recess, because, you know, we all need recess.

From what I read (one source) they hope for it to pass by early August before their recess, because, you know, we all need recess.
August, at the earliest, is the speculation I've heard as well. But hopefully we should know more about what will or won't be in it before then. My order is due in June so I'll probably need to put it on hold at some point.