Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll - Are you waiting for the infrastructure bill before ordering?

For those in the market for a tesla - what of the below options do you belong to?

• I can wait - and I am going to wait until at least august (when they hope bill will pass)

Votes: 65 19.8%
  • I can wait - and I am going to wait until at the bill passes (August 2024.....)

Votes: 35 10.7%
  • I can wait - and am ordering now and accepting deliverh ASAP

Votes: 49 14.9%
  • I cannot wait - and am ordering now and accepting delivery ASAP

Votes: 92 28.0%
  • I cannot wait - but I am going to milk my current situation to maybe get until august

Votes: 15 4.6%
  • Undecided and will make a rash decision as I have ADHD

Votes: 12 3.7%
  • I would pay 2X MSRP for a tesla because I make bank, therefore accepting delivery ASAP

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • I currently have a Tesla and will trade in for a different vehicle when incentives pass

Votes: 21 6.4%
  • I currently have a Tesla and am trading in before incentives pass

Votes: 10 3.0%
  • I am going to keep my current Tesla for at least 2+ years and incentives will not change that

Votes: 24 7.3%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thinking of putting in an order for an MX which will probably get delivered in Q1 2022, if I am lucky. Wondering what the "acquired" and "sold" verbiage entails. Are they both effectively the delivery date when the vehicle (I am looking at financing) is transferred to the buyer, or is the date when you put in the $100 nonrefundable deposit?

well restarting my order didn't work as I expected. Still in Q2. Sigh. Now I will have to reach back out to the rep. Obviously I have no idea how any of this actually works.
1623187419548.png

• Funny
Reactions: jawnly211
Howdy.

First post, but been lurking for a few months, mostly in the "Model 3 Aftermarket Wheels" thread (since I plan on, well, just that, an aftermarket wheel/tire setup :D ).

I should probably make an introduction post, short version: had a number of performance cars, mostly convertible flavors in the last decade or so, that's my fun ride that's usually not the road-trip, family car, picked up a Wrangler 4xe to replace the end-of-lease DD/RT family vehicle, so that's become the new beach/fun/topless ride. So now I'm looking to all in all EVs (having experienced a PHEV for a couple of months), swap my GT convertible for something more accomodating/comfy/economical for the family trips, while still being super fun to drive - an M3P.

OK, maybe not so short :p, but anyway, I've been monitoring the infrastructure bill, while also keeping an eye out on Tesla pricing, and thinking __maybe__ I should just go ahead and get an order in, knowing prices are changing pretty constantly and there's a substantial wait time for delivery. However, I also would hate to miss out on the reinstated tax credit, especially if it turns out to be $10K for (applicable) Tesla vehicles.

I guess the only downside is $100 possible lost if for some reason things don't come together and I backed out[?]

Reactions: play150
Howdy.

First post, but been lurking for a few months, mostly in the "Model 3 Aftermarket Wheels" thread (since I plan on, well, just that, an aftermarket wheel/tire setup :D ).

I should probably make an introduction post, short version: had a number of performance cars, mostly convertible flavors in the last decade or so, that's my fun ride that's usually not the road-trip, family car, picked up a Wrangler 4xe to replace the end-of-lease DD/RT family vehicle, so that's become the new beach/fun/topless ride. So now I'm looking to all in all EVs (having experienced a PHEV for a couple of months), swap my GT convertible for something more accomodating/comfy/economical for the family trips, while still being super fun to drive - an M3P.

OK, maybe not so short :p, but anyway, I've been monitoring the infrastructure bill, while also keeping an eye out on Tesla pricing, and thinking __maybe__ I should just go ahead and get an order in, knowing prices are changing pretty constantly and there's a substantial wait time for delivery. However, I also would hate to miss out on the reinstated tax credit, especially if it turns out to be $10K for (applicable) Tesla vehicles.

I guess the only downside is $100 possible lost if for some reason things don't come together and I backed out[?]

So ...

This just happened :cool:

1623433172544.png

Ok guys, I don't think I can hold out much longer. I put my order in for a Model Y on April 24th and was hoping that there would be more clarity by now about whether or not we can expect a tax rebate to go back into effect sometime soon (and if it would be retroactive from the signing date). Well, my car has been ready for delivery for over a week now, and it seems like things are still as clear as mud. I am going to feel like a total fool if I accept delivery and then 2 or 3 months later they enact a $7.5k or $10k rebate. But without any clear signs of action soon, I'm thinking about pulling the trigger. I have tentatively scheduled delivery for this Friday June 18th. What do you think? Should I continue to hold out?

Ok guys, I don't think I can hold out much longer. I put my order in for a Model Y on April 24th and was hoping that there would be more clarity by now about whether or not we can expect a tax rebate to go back into effect sometime soon (and if it would be retroactive from the signing date). Well, my car has been ready for delivery for over a week now, and it seems like things are still as clear as mud. I am going to feel like a total fool if I accept delivery and then 2 or 3 months later they enact a $7.5k or $10k rebate. But without any clear signs of action soon, I'm thinking about pulling the trigger. I have tentatively scheduled delivery for this Friday June 18th. What do you think? Should I continue to hold out?
I guess if nothing changes the benefits apply to cars bought after May 24

deferring your buy for another 5 months to see what happens won't cost that much in fuel (more like $300-500), but I get it, having a new car now rather than later is a good thing.
I spend $500 per month on gas, in just one vehicle...

If this passes, Tesla will increase their price. The difference will not be $7500.

I’d prefer for it not to pass, I already pay far too much in taxes. This bill will definitely increase taxes, right along with all the other deficit spending we’ve gotten ourselves into.

So, just an update. Got the notification from Tesla that it was time to schedule delivery. They sent me the link to accept the loss of radar prior to scheduling. I declined and placed my order on hold (website shows until the end of August). The major reason is that I'm hoping this bill can be sorted out by then along with not needing (but REALLY wanting) the car now and lack of big data behind TV, I was willing to wait (plus $7,500+ is nothing to scoff at).

Anyhow, I stopped by the SC today and saw my beauty sitting there and I swear she shed a tear when we met eyes and she realized that I wouldn't be taking her home. Hope this all gets figured out in the next month but I'm willing to wait a bit longer. Fingers crossed

• Funny
Reactions: Phyzi Driver
So, just an update. Got the notification from Tesla that it was time to schedule delivery. They sent me the link to accept the loss of radar prior to scheduling. I declined and placed my order on hold (website shows until the end of August). The major reason is that I'm hoping this bill can be sorted out by then along with not needing (but REALLY wanting) the car now and lack of big data behind TV, I was willing to wait (plus $7,500+ is nothing to scoff at).

Anyhow, I stopped by the SC today and saw my beauty sitting there and I swear she shed a tear when we met eyes and she realized that I wouldn't be taking her home. Hope this all gets figured out in the next month but I'm willing to wait a bit longer. Fingers crossed
Wait there was an option to decline the loss of radar!? I just clicked okay today...

Guys I know we're so close to July (targeted timeline for infrastructure bill progress), but I think I'm just going to take delivery and immediately start getting Carvana/Carmax quotes for the Tesla on a weekly basis. The used Tesla market is crazy right now, and I fully expect used prices to fall if a rebate is announced for new vehicles, but the quotes are valid for 7 days (the quote for my Prius actually glitched and they gave me a full month) and having the ability to lock the current inflated prices is huge. I'd just proceed with the sale the day I see a non-retroactive bill pass. I'm probably just self justifying my impatience here, but I don't think this is totally crazy. Am I wrong?

Reactions: play150