Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll - Are you waiting for the infrastructure bill before ordering?

For those in the market for a tesla - what of the below options do you belong to?

• I can wait - and I am going to wait until at least august (when they hope bill will pass)

Votes: 65 19.8%
  • I can wait - and I am going to wait until at the bill passes (August 2024.....)

Votes: 35 10.7%
  • I can wait - and am ordering now and accepting deliverh ASAP

Votes: 49 14.9%
  • I cannot wait - and am ordering now and accepting delivery ASAP

Votes: 92 28.0%
  • I cannot wait - but I am going to milk my current situation to maybe get until august

Votes: 15 4.6%
  • Undecided and will make a rash decision as I have ADHD

Votes: 12 3.7%
  • I would pay 2X MSRP for a tesla because I make bank, therefore accepting delivery ASAP

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • I currently have a Tesla and will trade in for a different vehicle when incentives pass

Votes: 21 6.4%
  • I currently have a Tesla and am trading in before incentives pass

Votes: 10 3.0%
  • I am going to keep my current Tesla for at least 2+ years and incentives will not change that

Votes: 24 7.3%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's funny that you guys think this bill will pass anytime soon ?
Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., told reporters that he will convene a meeting Wednesday of Budget Committee members to discuss crafting a budget resolution — the only way Democrats can bypass a Republican filibuster — to vote on in July.
^ from an article published yesterday. They still need all 50 Democrats in the Senate to be on the same page, which is currently not the case, but at least in July we should have a better idea of whether or not the EV rebate is coming back at all.

Reactions: Jeremy3292
^ from an article published yesterday. They still need all 50 Democrats in the Senate to be on the same page, which is currently not the case, but at least in July we should have a better idea of whether or not the EV rebate is coming back at all.
Yeah this is right. From what I've read, Schumer will put whatever bipartisan plan emerges up for a vote in July. If (when) that fails, the reconciliation package will probably be voted on after August recess, so September. I still think something will pass but I wouldn't expect anything before Labor Day.

Looks like things are closing in on the infrastructure bill with big headlines on bipartisan agreement (great news), but I can't seem to find the latest of what's in it. Does anyone know what EV pieces survived??
No details yet we will have to wait until they draft the bill. The Dems will ram the rest through using the reconciliation process in the fall if no EV changes are in this bill.

I have a Ford Maverick reservation, but if this bill looks like it'll pass I'll likely cancel it and get a Model 3. The main question for me is whether or not the refundable tax credit would apply to the 2021 tax year or if I would need to wait until January 1st (and get the tax credit for the 2022 tax year). My tax liability isn't nearly to $7500 so that'll be the determining factor.

If the bill FTC coverage is as of 5/24/21, the date the bill was introduced and I placed my order on 5/5/21, I've been told 5/5/21 its considered my purchased date. Does anyone know if that is true or would my actual purchased date be the date I would actually take delivery?

If the bill FTC coverage is as of 5/24/21, the date the bill was introduced and I placed my order on 5/5/21, I've been told 5/5/21 its considered my purchased date. Does anyone know if that is true or would my actual purchased date be the date I would actually take delivery?
I'm pretty sure it's when you take delivery, the order date is just a reservation.

The official car registration, title, everything is when you take delivery

Reactions: scottf200 and YBLee
Yeah, read this as well. Won't know what the final bill is until it passes I guess. Let's just pray for those of us who took delivery May 24th and after and that verbiage remains along with removing cap limits so TSLA customers will benefit taking delivery this year.

Yeah, read this as well. Won't know what the final bill is until it passes I guess. Let's just pray for those of us who took delivery May 24th and after and that verbiage remains along with removing cap limits so TSLA customers will benefit taking delivery this year.
I see the May 24th verbiage here, is this the current version?

Bipartisan bill does not include EV Tax credits or expanded caps. But Biden said he wouldn't sign the Bipartisan bill without a tandem reconciliation bill. The reconciliation process can be very quick and only requires 50 votes. The EV credits will be in the reconciliation bill just wait.

“If this is the only thing that comes to me, I’m not signing it,” Mr. Biden said during remarks in the East Room of the White House. “It’s in tandem.”