Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Poll] AWD/P-AWD reservers and changing to RWD because of range

After learning about the efficiency of AWD/P-AWD, will you change your reservation?

• Currently AWD/P-AWD, will stick with AWD/P-AWD

Votes: 184 88.5%
  • Was AWD/P-AWD, changed to RWD

Votes: 24 11.5%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm slightly disappointed that the range appears to be less but in the end I'm getting AWD for snowy weather conditions and it still has plenty of range for me. I know if I decided to go for RWD after a few months range wouldn't be an issue but I would regret not having AWD during the winter.

Reactions: nalang and Fudd
I'm staying with Dual Motor. 310 miles is still listed as the overall range.

Besides the MS/MX, most AWD cars get lower range than their 2WD counterparts. Nature of the beast if you want added traction from a more complicated/heavier system.

I think this would be a good / interesting poll. Wanted to see where people were at. Keeping the poll simple.

Personally I am still sticking with my AWD reservation but I am having some second thoughts...
The thought has definitely crossed my mind. Standing put for now, though. 310mi nominal is good enough (although for long trips the 330mi+ would have been awesome).

I changed, but really it was more about wanting autopilot over AWD. The range issue got me thinking about it though. I currently drive an AWD WRX, its nice, but ultimately for 1k more I'd rather have autopilot and RWD.

Definitely will miss the power, but I feel like I should probably be slowing down anyway....

Reactions: ℬête Noire