TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

[POLL] CA Current owners ONLY. Have you received your config invite yet?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by insaneoctane, Nov 24, 2017.

?

As a current Tesla owner, Have you received your configuration email yet?

1. Yes

198 vote(s)
    65.3%
  2. No

105 vote(s)
    34.7%
  1. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN 65513, Model 3: VIN 1913

I live close to the factory, reserved on day one and have been an S owner for years. No invite yet. Just saying :)

2. run-the-joules

run-the-joules Active Member

I am so disappointed on your behalf. If they’re screwing up this badly this soon, I can’t imagine what it’ll be like when they open the floodgates.

• Like x 1
  3. gregincal

gregincal Active Member

The guy above who got the strange invite is in LA. I figured the second invite to somebody with one Tesla was probably just an easy mistake, but I’ve no explanation for a day 2 reserver getting his invite.

4. run-the-joules

run-the-joules Active Member

Also at least one confirmed case of someone who doesn’t even own an S or X anymore getting an invite.

5. DarthPierce

DarthPierce Member

I'm hoping to be the first confirmed case of a non-owner, non-line waiter,non-day one, non-California invite. Every once in a while the error should be in my favor, right?

• Funny x 5
  6. Evthusiast

Evthusiast Member

Config Email received today. Los Angeles, 2013 ModelS, Day 1 evening online reservation. 4 week delivery

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  7. Jason S

Jason S Model S Sig Perf (P85)

Sounds like a screw-up in your favor -- you likely got the reservation for whomever previously owned your car. Certainly an anomaly.

8. Jason S

Jason S Model S Sig Perf (P85)

#68 Jason S, Dec 8, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
    Ok, now that's just f'd up. I reserved before you, have 2012 Model S, and live closer. >.< (grats btw, not blaming you!)

I think I should be getting invite a little after gg_got_a_tesla gets an invite, if it is going in reservation order and nearness to the factory.

• Disagree x 1
  9. ReddyLeaf

ReddyLeaf Member

Perhaps Tesla will be focusing on delivering a significant number of vehicles to the new Los Angeles distribution center over an unfinished Fremont delivery center.

• Funny x 2
  10. David99

David99 Active Member

I'm an owner of an S. No invite yet, but I only did my reservation at the reveal event, so way later then the majority. I'm not in a rush. My S runs fine, I actually don't want an early model.

11. SMAlset

SMAlset Active Member

So your AWD date of Spring 18 is considerably less time than our August/October time frame. We're Calif, current owners (since March) so the difference factor has to be the time you placed your order (as it should be IMO). But the Spring 18 date is interesting all the same.

12. RubberToe

RubberToe Supporting the greater good

When did you receive the invite?

RT

13. Lifeinabox

Lifeinabox Member

What's interesting is that the Spring 18 estimate is from the order page under the defer option. When I go back to the delivery estimator, it shows Aug/Oct like yours.

• Informative x 1
  14. Mika

Mika Member

I've had a model S for five years, reserved day 1 in the afternoon once the line had cleared, sometime around 3-4pm. Bay Area. Still nothing. Now I'm hearing that someone in LA ordered online hours after me is now apparently ahead of me? Pretty annoying, but I'm sure I'll be in the next wave or two.

Something I noticed today: I worried maybe my invite could end up in my spam folder so I checked my account at tesla.com, and noticed my "manage" button next to my model 3 reservation turned from red to grey? Anyone else seen this, or am I crazy?

15. suresv

suresv Member

Mine is gray too - Very similar profile to yours. In fact live1.5 miles from the factory. But online reservation!! Not sure you can read much into all this

16. SFPD

SFPD Member

Same boat. Hope we both get some good news soon.

• Like x 1
  17. Evthusiast

Evthusiast Member

10:17 am today 12/08/17. Also I know someone else in LA same age model S that got email today. Not sure it has to do with delivery center in Marina Del Rey as the other invite was to a person very far away from Marina Del Rey, but Los Angeles area. We both have early model S. Theirs 2012, mine Feb2013 model S

• Like x 1
  18. K-MTG

K-MTG Sunshade Captain of TMC

I was literally one of the first to reserve online....found the 3.tesla.com/store/reserve url before it went live. Was hoping to get mine....but I didn't!!!!!

19. CreamSoduh

CreamSoduh Member

Reserved online during reveal, I dont own a Tesla but I configured my Model 3 this morning after getting the invite to configure. Anybody else have this happen?

• Informative x 3
  20. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN 65513, Model 3: VIN 1913

You are the first to "violate" the ownership clause, I think. In any case, congrats!