Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[POLL] CA Current owners ONLY. Have you received your config invite yet?

As a current Tesla owner, Have you received your configuration email yet?

• Yes

Votes: 198 65.3%
  • No

Votes: 105 34.7%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder if maybe the 4 weeks is because they have not yet ramped up, and later invites, once things get going, might not take as long to deliver.

Are they maybe prioritizing people who are closer to the factory? That might put some day-two people ahead of some day-one people if the latter are farther away even within California? It's hard to believe they're just drawing names out of a hat. It certainly would be nice if there was more transparency to the process.

I live close to the factory, reserved on day one and have been an S owner for years. No invite yet. Just saying :)

I wonder if maybe the 4 weeks is because they have not yet ramped up, and later invites, once things get going, might not take as long to deliver.

Are they maybe prioritizing people who are closer to the factory? That might put some day-two people ahead of some day-one people if the latter are farther away even within California? It's hard to believe they're just drawing names out of a hat. It certainly would be nice if there was more transparency to the process.

The guy above who got the strange invite is in LA. I figured the second invite to somebody with one Tesla was probably just an easy mistake, but I’ve no explanation for a day 2 reserver getting his invite.

Got my config email today. I'm a new owner (less than 3 months, CPO) and placed my order Day Two, so a little surprised my number was called so soon. Configurator says First production models ready for delivery in 4 weeks, Base is early 18, and Dual Motor is spring 18.
Sounds like a screw-up in your favor -- you likely got the reservation for whomever previously owned your car. Certainly an anomaly.

Config Email received today. Los Angeles, 2013 ModelS, Day 1 evening online reservation. 4 week delivery
Ok, now that's just f'd up. I reserved before you, have 2012 Model S, and live closer. >.< (grats btw, not blaming you!)

I think I should be getting invite a little after gg_got_a_tesla gets an invite, if it is going in reservation order and nearness to the factory.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: Esme Es Mejor
Got my config email today. I'm a new owner (less than 3 months, CPO) and placed my order Day Two, so a little surprised my number was called so soon. Configurator says First production models ready for delivery in 4 weeks, Base is early 18, and Dual Motor is spring 18.

So your AWD date of Spring 18 is considerably less time than our August/October time frame. We're Calif, current owners (since March) so the difference factor has to be the time you placed your order (as it should be IMO). But the Spring 18 date is interesting all the same.

So your AWD date of Spring 18 is considerably less time than our August/October time frame. We're Calif, current owners (since March) so the difference factor has to be the time you placed your order (as it should be IMO). But the Spring 18 date is interesting all the same.
What's interesting is that the Spring 18 estimate is from the order page under the defer option. When I go back to the delivery estimator, it shows Aug/Oct like yours.

• Informative
Reactions: SMAlset
I've had a model S for five years, reserved day 1 in the afternoon once the line had cleared, sometime around 3-4pm. Bay Area. Still nothing. Now I'm hearing that someone in LA ordered online hours after me is now apparently ahead of me? Pretty annoying, but I'm sure I'll be in the next wave or two.

Something I noticed today: I worried maybe my invite could end up in my spam folder so I checked my account at tesla.com, and noticed my "manage" button next to my model 3 reservation turned from red to grey? Anyone else seen this, or am I crazy?

I've had a model S for five years, reserved day 1 in the afternoon once the line had cleared, sometime around 3-4pm. Bay Area. Still nothing. Now I'm hearing that someone in LA ordered online hours after me is now apparently ahead of me? Pretty annoying, but I'm sure I'll be in the next wave or two.

Something I noticed today: I worried maybe my invite could end up in my spam folder so I checked my account at tesla.com, and noticed my "manage" button next to my model 3 reservation turned from red to grey? Anyone else seen this, or am I crazy?
Mine is gray too - Very similar profile to yours. In fact live1.5 miles from the factory. But online reservation!! Not sure you can read much into all this