Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[POLL] CA Current owners ONLY. Have you received your config invite yet?

As a current Tesla owner, Have you received your configuration email yet?

• Yes

Votes: 198 65.3%
  • No

Votes: 105 34.7%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there anyone else who is a CA / current owner / line waiter who still hasn't gotten their invite, like me? :-(

If they didn't have all their dern wires crossed, maybe I'd get some queue prioritization credit for loaning them $50K for that Roadster res... ;-)
Current owner, ordered in store 3/31 Brea Mall, CA (late PM reservation ~6pm), still waiting for invite to configure.

-FSD (Want, but will get later and eat $1000, if it shows)

Just be careful, the FSD price will likely go up once it is actually available and working. (If ever.)

My best guess is that it will be 5 to 10 years for FSD to be ready for consumer use and receive legal authorization. Model 3 cars built this year and next will be that old and the hardware will be that old and the computers will have been surpassed by faster, more capable computers. When FSD is available I will buy a car built with the actual feature designed in, not a car built with hardware that today is thought to be sufficient for it. Today's Model 3 may have adequate hardware for FSD. But cars built in 5 or 10 years will have better hardware for it.

Reactions: NateB and JenniferQ
I have a Model X since July 2016. Made the deposit for the Tesla on the first day at the Santa Monica store, around noon. Have been invited to configure on Thanksgiving day. Unfortunately i declined, as i want to wait for the base trim. (Oh, the itch!)

Interesting. When I got an invite to configure one of my reservations we went through the whole process and have confirmed our production. Didn't realize that our other reservation was also available for configuration. I thought I would get a separate email for that one.

Interesting. When I got an invite to configure one of my reservations we went through the whole process and have confirmed our production. Didn't realize that our other reservation was also available for configuration. I thought I would get a separate email for that one.

Doh. I just checked my account since we have 2 reservations (dual Model S owners) and sure enough our 2nd reservation is also open to design. We're going to defer that one for AWD.

Got a phone call from an OA last night to confirm details, e.g. financing or not, trade in or not, etc. Tried to get more details but he could not be sure.

1. Not sure if you'll get it before end of this year.
2. If you want to change colors - that's a whole new order so you'll wait longer
3. If you want to change owners - e.g. my brother gets it, do it before you get the VIN
4. Fremont pick up would be faster (obviously) but still won't guarantee you'll get it before end of the year.
5. He couldn't predict when the standard range would be available.

Hope this helps others.

Got a phone call from an OA last night to confirm details, e.g. financing or not, trade in or not, etc. Tried to get more details but he could not be sure.

2. If you want to change colors - that's a whole new order so you'll wait longer
3. If you want to change owners - e.g. my brother gets it, do it before you get the VIN
4. Fremont pick up would be faster (obviously) but still won't guarantee you'll get it before end of the year.

Hope this helps others.

Did you get your VIN?

Hope this helps others.
Thanks for the info ... how does one change owners? :cool:

Never got an email (checked my spam folder), but was able to configure and order today! I usually check several times a day. This morning and late morning, not able to configure. Just checked around 6:30 pm PST and was able to configure!

Current Model X owner, reserved in store 3/31 early evening, live in SoCal.

still no email btw - have my order confirmation email, though ;)