Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

POLL: Checking tyre/tire pressure on your Tesla

How often do you check the tire/tyre pressures on your Tesla?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I checked mine vs TPMS a couple times when the car was new and got the same readings, so since then I've relied on the TPMS for tire pressure. Since checking the pressure is simply a swipe on the screen, I check them somewhat frequently although not at a set schedule.

Reactions: Leeclanual
Went with every couple of weeks as the closest response but sometimes more often. I'm conscious about knowing to do it to maintain better tire wear so do try to check often enough. Other times I'll check when I get a certain feel from the tires while driving on the road. Try to factor in the variables about outdoor temp and how long you've been driving to get a more accurate picture but it's a reminder to check again later as well. In fact I just checked them this morning when I was leaving to get some coffee. I know the monitoring system isn't perfect but it is helpful.

the correct answer is: any time there is a large temperature fluctuation, you should be checking your tire pressure..

as the seasons start to change a sudden heat wave or cold snap could significantly alter your pressure. if the temperature is consistent from day to day, it's not needed as often.

with that said, one of the benefits of washing your car by hand is that you can inspect your vehicle for damage, tire wear, etc.

I recently had to replace one of my tires at the Tesla SC because they found a nail in the tire and it could not be repaired. I check the tire pressure every day as a drop in pressure, even a small one, can be the first indication that you picked up a nail. I also caryy a bicycle air pump in the trunk for those times when a tire is a bit low.

Y'all do 43 psi for smoother ride? I forget what suggested is... 48?

42 recommended on door jam sticker for the factory 20's on the Model 3P. I check every couple of weeks manually (so thats what I put), but I check the TPMS reading every couple of days or so.

For some reason when I read the OPs poll, my brain inserted "manually" as in "not through the TPMS" into the question.

For some reason when I read the OPs poll, my brain inserted "manually" as in "not through the TPMS" into the question.
LOL. Same here. My gauge matches my sensors perfectly but I will check TPS almost every time I take it out. It's just so cool to see and I've never had TPS on a car before. I will manually check any time I take a long drive or every couple of weeks. Still have to check the'05 9-2x and the '67 Coronet anyways.
It just makes me feel safer... :cool: