Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll: debadge P100D?

Debadge?

• Yes!!

• Are you kidding? No way.

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Speaking of debadging, I know in some states it is common for cars to come with a dealer badge. Is this dealer badge a requirement, or is something you can have removed (or better, never put on in the first place)? And how does Tesla deal with this in states that do not allow direct sales?

Speaking of debadging, I know in some states it is common for cars to come with a dealer badge. Is this dealer badge a requirement, or is something you can have removed (or better, never put on in the first place)? And how does Tesla deal with this in states that do not allow direct sales?

I don't know of any state taht requires these. Most of the time it's marketting for the dealership itself. A heat gun (or hair dryer) and some floss gets these off in quick order.

Reactions: Kacey Green
I de-badged my X.

Attachments

• x.jpg
    x.jpg
    522.9 KB · Views: 177
The PPF shop got me new badges if I ever decide to replace them. Chrome delete is starting tomorrow. Got some of it from RPM Tesla. Your X is the white one in your avatar?

Nice. Chrome delete was something I told my wife I was going to do from the start, when we were deciding between the midnight silver metallic and pearl white. In the end, white was chosen because of the better contrast with matte black 22"s and eventual chrome delete. And yes that's my X in the avatar.

When going to big bear you can slide on installing chains if your car is AWD and you have M+S tires.

Do you need to have the badge to “prove” it’s AWD?

It’s moot for the X but was thinking for the 3.

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA