Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[POLL] Do you care about Telsa's headliner material change?

How do you feel about the changed headliner (+more?) from ultra-suede/Alcantara to "premium" cloth?

• Very upset! I want what was originally expected

Votes: 103 23.8%
  • Unhappy, but the premium textile is acceptable

Votes: 72 16.7%
  • Happy, I prefer the new premium textile

Votes: 28 6.5%
  • Couldn't care less

Votes: 229 53.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe the poll is flawed. I am not upset with the change. But I am unhappy with the lack of communication, which to me is the larger issue. There is no box for me to check.
I want to have a poll:

- I like these poll choices and I can fit my preference into one of these choices
- No, I prefer a choice that is not in this list

And still some may complain that they cannot choose an option.

• Funny
Reactions: insaneoctane
Once again, as with AP1 and AP2, I wonder how many respondents have had both textile and alcantera in their cars. Very few, I'd wager.

Anyway, as, once again, such a person, I can tell you that the textile, including this new grey waffle weave, is a beeyotch to clean and does not wear well. Open question as to whether they've fixed the fit and finish issues beyond those concerns in the Model 3 as relate to the headliner in general (gap/molding management and B-pillar wear).

By comparison, the black Alcantera is the only decent choice.

So let's see... no mo' yacht floor, no mo' leather seats nor grey cows for the longest time, and no mo' Alcantera. What's next?

On Tesla, early adopters usually get less of a car for the same price, as Tesla keeps including more features. This time around, it seems the early adopters got better headliner. Not that we were able to buy 3 any earlier though.

I personally think suade like material looks more premium on headliner.

I look at my lexus car a-pillar every day, and it has fuzzy cloth fake material and bothers me.

The question is, why couldn't Tesla pick alcantara-like material instead of the first supplier offering? Are there Really no alcantara competition? Why did Tesla have to practically downgrade to cloth material and come up with BS after criticism?

A $500 off MSRP or future store credit would be nice gesture.

I’ll chime in. When we picked up our 3 we were very impressed with the interior quality. The Alcantara looks and feels great. It seems to make the cabin softer and quieter feeling. We touch it daily on the door and visors.

On a recent S60 PUP with the stock textile seats we got the textile headliner. Personally I really do not like how it feels. Kind of like cheap stockings very rough to the touch and catches as you drag your hand along it.

If we did not get the Alcantara after it was promised in PUP I would be disappointed.

Tesla has made running changes on all their other cars as well. It is part of their continuing improvement problem. In the Model X they had some complaints that the seat back material scratched easily. They changed to a flat black finish that seemed to be better accepted.
Maybe they have gotten feedback from early Model 3 owners that the Alcantara headliner is difficult to clean, hard to install, or perhaps sun fading or other issues. Doubt they instituted a running change just for the heck of it.

Reactions: daniel
I believe people can be divided into 10 groups, those who understand binary and those who don't.
Lol. Very funny!!

As for , I don’t care...as I look at the interior of my 2008 Toyota Prius. I’m much more interested in tech features Tesla brings. I may go over to Century City to sit in a M3 and see for myself, but then again, why so soon when I’m waiting for the dial motor.

I’m glad we did not end up with this. It looks rough and tacky to me. :eek:

C68CB1A3-82AC-4055-B1EC-D128196402D6.jpeg

Picked up today, another guy had the Alcantara and his VIN was about 300 higher.
In the grand scheme of things, seemed like a relatively minor point.
I wasn't about to refuse the car because of it. I pointed it out to my wife who will drive the car and she didn't care.
Her reaction was more just being humble to get the Model 3 now as she says she will need some time to acclimate and realize it is real.

That's funny, because fuzzy cloth fake material is exactly how I'd describe Alcantara .
Reminds me of the trend over the last few decades here in LA where people give their local communities fake names to make them sound more desirable.

Nobody wants to live in cough, north Hollywood. There are gangs there, so let's call our selves....Valley Village.

Van Nuys? Didn't they make fun of that in Fast Times? Lets change our portion of it to...Lake Balboa.

It's all just made up horse hockey made to fool people.

• Love
Reactions: Esme Es Mejor