Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Poll] Drag race of the century - Rimac EV hypercar vs Porsche 918 Hypercar

Rimac Concept One (EV hyper car) vs Porsche 918 (ICE hyper car). What's your bet?

• Rimac will win the race with a huge margin, no doubt!

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Rimac will win for sure, but only slightly ahead

Votes: 14 35.0%
  • Rimac likely beat the Porsche given it already beat the Ferrari

Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Not sure. I know these cars very well, but I think it can go either way.

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Not sure. I don't know about the specs of these cars to make a judgement

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah..none of them. Tesla P100DL is faster

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Porsche likely beat Rimac

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Porsche will win for sure, but only slightly ahead

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Porsche will win the race with a huge margin. ICE hypercar is still king!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't care who won the 1/4 mile. I want they to race on a real race track.

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am very sure Concept S will be able to beat even more insane extremes on 1/4 mile (Chiron, Regera, Nissan GTR Alpha 12 or Goliath). Time will tell.

Maybe is time to promote Concept S even more, and start to make some lap times on circuits! I know it was released as concept this year, what is very short time to produce and show it to public even for biggest companies, and develop it harder, but now is perfect time! It is beautiful car, and it is time to put it in some action, cant wait ;)

Last edited:
Rimac Concept_One vs. Porsche 918 | Rimac Automobili

More details from Rimac about the race (see link above). Some highlights below:

- Out of the 6 proper runs we did, the Concept_One won all but one – when I did a mistake during launch.

- many people think that electric cars can do one or two proper runs before thermal limits start kicking in. We did eight runs (including two test runs) and the Concept_One was just getting faster and faster.

- The Concept_One was at 95% State of Charge before the first run and ended the last run with 72% SoC – plenty of juice for more runs.

- 7 radiators and a high-performance approach to designing all the different systems – batteries, motors, gearboxes and inverters – make sure that the performance doesn’t fade away too soon.

- we hope satisfy our fans hunger for more race-track action soon.

If they're as confident of their long term cooling performance as they sound here, they should take it to Nuremberg and run the Ring.

It seems like they should be able put up a pretty impressive time, and it would silence another excuse of the nay sayers.

If they're as confident of their long term cooling performance as they sound here, they should take it to Nuremberg and run the Ring.

It seems like they should be able put up a pretty impressive time, and it would silence another excuse of the nay sayers.

If possible with both cars (or even that one from Pikes Peak), those cars should be able to finish at least few laps in there. I seriously hope they will use such positive movement now. Its not possible to make better move! And then to Top Gear! :)

I see Tesla was on Nürburgring, so yea, that would be cool move. Lets go EV cars!

I am very sure Concept S will be able to beat even more insane extremes on 1/4 mile (Chiron, Regera, Nissan GTR Alpha 12 or Goliath). Time will tell.

Maybe is time to promote Concept S even more, and start to make some lap times on circuits! I know it was released as concept this year, what is very short time to produce and show it to public even for biggest companies, and develop it harder, but now is perfect time! It is beautiful car, and it is time to put it in some action, cant wait ;)
I thought Nissan GTR Alpha 12 can do 1/4 mile in 8 second. No production car in the world can beat that, unless it is heavily modified.