Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll: EAP at Purchase or as Add-on and its value!

Did you order EAP and it's worth?

• Bought EAP Post-Purchase and it's not worth it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wish they would reduce the price. $7000 after purchase is ridiculous. Unfortunately my trial ended during the govt shutdown, when I was furloughed, so $5500 was a hard sell compared to paying the mortgage, etc.

If it was $2500 I think everyone would buy it.

Reactions: fiatlux
I wish they would reduce the price. $7000 after purchase is ridiculous. Unfortunately my trial ended during the govt shutdown, when I was furloughed, so $5500 was a hard sell compared to paying the mortgage, etc.

Last data anybody had the take rate on EAP was close to 80% so cutting the price in half (or more for post-purchase) to get that near 100% would be terrible financial move for Tesla.

Reactions: Jedi2155
What what I've read the EAP is mostly for freeway / highway driving. Shouldn't be used on city streets. Most of my driving is on city streets.
It probably depends a lot on your city, but around Boston the traffic is pretty awful with lots of stop and go. AP, and I presume EAP, are transformative in that situation. Just relax and let the car deal with it.

Yeah, it's weird. I get why they want people to buy it before buying the car. But something new like this should give you the chance to try before you buy. This $7k post-purchase cost means there is 0% chance i buy it. I've used the trial, it was meh. I'd be willing to pay $3k for it, but no more. So it almost seems weird, they'd rather not sell it at all to some of us, then to negotiate or otherwise offer it at a price that's more desirable.

I agree it really depends on the majority of your driving situation. I had it on my X and rarely used it and then only as a novelty. Didn’t trust it. I have zero stop and go in my rural area and I have much nicer vehicles to drive long distance. But if I’m hearing correct TACC is only included with EAP? That was a very useful feature for the rare occasion I needed cruise control. My m3p is just for fun and local running around.

I agree it really depends on the majority of your driving situation. I had it on my X and rarely used it and then only as a novelty. Didn’t trust it. I have zero stop and go in my rural area and I have much nicer vehicles to drive long distance. But if I’m hearing correct TACC is only included with EAP? That was a very useful feature for the rare occasion I needed cruise control. My m3p is just for fun and local running around.

Yup, EAP is basically 4 things-

TACC
Autosteer
Automatic lane change (by operating turn stalk with EAP engaged)
Navigate on Autopilot (which will suggest lane changes, and in a future update make them automatically if you wish, as well as handle freeway interchanges and exits)

Yup, EAP is basically 4 things-

TACC
Autosteer
Automatic lane change (by operating turn stalk with EAP engaged)
Navigate on Autopilot (which will suggest lane changes, and in a future update make them automatically if you wish, as well as handle freeway interchanges and exits)

Thank you for clarifying. I might have to add it to get TACC. That feature worked very well for me.