Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll for current owners: first production or waiting?

Are you taking first production or waiting to order?

• I’ll order as soon as I get the invitation

Votes: 94 41.8%
  • I’m waiting for standard battery

Votes: 30 13.3%
  • I’m waiting for dual motors

Votes: 54 24.0%
  • I’m waiting for Performance

Votes: 6 2.7%
  • I’m waiting for white interior

Votes: 17 7.6%
  • I’m waiting for some combination of the other options

Votes: 24 10.7%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’d like to get a sense of how many of the current owner reservations will be ordering right away and how many want to wait for better options. Please only vote if you’re a current owner so that us non owners have an idea of how many of you are ahead of us :)

If I can get it this year I'll take early production. If not then I will have to decide if waiting for AWD is worth it or not. I am hoping they announce the price of AWD and what else it includes soon as that will help me decide.

Of course if I get it this year I am going to have to rush to get my power upgrade completed so I can charge it.

If EV tax credit is in place when I get my invite, will probably order production (i only want/need a couple of things in the PUP package and don't want the rest, and don't need the LR battery but admit it would be nice, if Uncle Sam is paying for half of those extras wth).

If the EV tax credit goes away before I get my invite the sense of urgency is gone, and will probably just wait hopefully for some debundling of current options packages so I can get a car optioned more to my liking.

Who says tax incentives don't work LOL.

My two current ICE cars are only 10-11 years old, so good for at least until another 3-4 years so I can wait it out (and I should be retired by then, so I can go explore new roads in the M3 all day :) ). Maybe Tesla finally gets a real competitor (none currently exist IMO) that can build out a reliable DC fast charge infrastructure and or gets an agreement to use superchargers (never say never), there could be other choices in the future.

I'm torn between ordering as soon as possible (first production) and waiting for AWD.

I want to wait for AWD, but I think I'll go crazy waiting another 10+ months. I'm already on edge and driving all of my friends nuts. I bought a Fiat 500e to tide me over, but it doesn't work for trips, which we take a lot of. o_O

So I think I'm in the first production camp unless something pretty significant changes my mind. Dual motors having significantly more power than the single motor could be enough to make me wait.

If I can get it this year I'll take early production. If not then I will have to decide if waiting for AWD is worth it or not. I am hoping they announce the price of AWD and what else it includes soon as that will help me decide.
^^ This. If this year (seems very unlikely at this point) then the fully upgraded early adopter version. Otherwise going to be picky about the options while aiming to get the car by Aug 2018. The longer timeline is due to tax rebate possibilities - right now it looks like those are going away so the cutoff timelines are less important.

I’d like to get a sense of how many of the current owner reservations will be ordering right away and how many want to wait for better options. Please only vote if you’re a current owner so that us non owners have an idea of how many of you are ahead of us :)
If this was our first and only Tesla, I would've picked the "first production" for sure. But since I got the Model S, the Model 3 is now slated to replace my wife's car and she doesn't need the long range. So, I am pretty sure we will wait for the standard battery option. Ideally we would prefer the AWD version, but I doubt we'd wait that long.