Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[POLL] For Cybertruck Res Holders ONLY, what type of buyer are you?

For Cybertruck Res Holders ONLY, what type of buyer are you?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In my part of California, recent diesel prices have been around $4.50. 44 gallons = $198. Ouch!

Yikes... it never ceases to amaze me what the prices are like out west and up east. I use to do business in San Jose and cost of living was always an issue for our people there. What's funny is cost of living in NC feels cheap compared to Cali but expensive compared to Ohio. I think that is a driving factor in adoption of tech like this. ROI isn't in the same ballpark across the country. It is also why purchase price is critical with the CT.

Reactions: MichaelP90DL
I voted
Hard Core Truck Guy
Own F150 eco 2019 (daily driver)
F250 dually diesel (towing workhorse)
F250 dually diesel (towing workhorse)
Ram 2500 daily driver (businesses partner)

Replacing my dd with the TCT 3 motor beast.
Could never buy a Tesla before as available models are of little to no use to me.
Thank you Elon
And please don’t compromise.

I'm not a pickup guy, and would have preferred the CT as an SUV. The CT is about as close to an suv as you can get without actually being one, so I'm in.
Yeah. me and you are pretty close. I have had a truck for 20 yrs, but I got so much use out of my old volvo 1975 station wagon and my Dodge colt Hatchback... I could care less about the difference between a truck and a basic SUV...except I can haul the kayaks without worrying about sand and *sugar*.
The back seat will just make it even more comfortable for my spoiled dogs. And I am FINE with that.

Daily driver, took a year to build.

Attachments

• 20190606_113148.jpg
    20190606_113148.jpg
    969.5 KB · Views: 97
I've owned a few ½ ton trucks - '49 Ford Flathead V-8, '94 Dodge and '03 Ford F-150 - and always liked their versatility (hauling trees, gravel, dirt, going to the dump, etc.) and the fact that I could wear my cowboy hat while driving - something I can't do in my M3 ;o).
I ordered the tri-motor TCT, but the design hasn't quite "settled in" with me yet.

I have owned truck on and off for quite some time. I currently own a 1999 Nissan Frontier that I bought when I was in college, its been used heavily and can do most things its full sized brethren can do, just not tow heavy loads. I voted that I prefer the mid sized truck because the size makes it much easier to weasel it into tight spaces between trees, back yards, parking lots etc. My wife drives a 2015 F-150 crew cab 4x4, which we use to tow the Jeep to trails that are further than we want to drive the Jeep to, and mild off roading. We still use the Nissan for most of the in bed loads because it has a thick steel bed, its much lower which makes it easier to load, and much easier to get it close to what I need to load in.

I was considering the MY, but wasn't sure about it and figured the Cyber would be too expensive. I watched the reveal video live and my first impression was HOLY &%*$ its ugly, then when the price revealed I was HOLY &%*$ I can afford that, well at least up to the dual motor. It still took me a couple of days but it was the scratch resistant paint free body, both our current trucks have scratches in the paint, the Jeep has dents and gouges. The air suspension that will allow it to get even lower than the Nissan, and the tailgate ramp. I still think its ugly, and too big but heck it should still prove a useful truck for most of my uses. We will replace the Nissan and keep the F-150 for long range towing.

I've owned a few ½ ton trucks - '49 Ford Flathead V-8, '94 Dodge and '03 Ford F-150 - and always liked their versatility (hauling trees, gravel, dirt, going to the dump, etc.) and the fact that I could wear my cowboy hat while driving - something I can't do in my M3 ;o).
I ordered the tri-motor TCT, but the design hasn't quite "settled in" with me yet.

Heh I live about 2 hours south of ya. I don't wear a cowboy hat, just an old sweat stained wide brimmed hat to keep my bald head from burning.

I've had F250's and Elcamino' s . the Elcamino' s were more of a Hot Rod and the Fords were field trucks. I want a Tri-motor Cyber Truck optioned out like my Model X With all the toys and bells including an HUD. Maybe it will see a dirt road on the way to a camp ground .
More Likely it will visit the Woodburn Drag Strip once in awhile.