Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[POLL] For Cybertruck Res Holders ONLY, what type of buyer are you?

For Cybertruck Res Holders ONLY, what type of buyer are you?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ive owned an f150 back in the day. My wife doesn't like big vehicles so ive had cars for a while. I do own a small ford ranger,not the new one's. I want to get back to a full size truck but cost and them been gas hogs have put that off. Now with the cybertruck,i can get back in to full size truck. I like the look from the front but not the rear. Love the specs and that alone is why i chose to reserve.

Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
I've owned a few Nissan Frontiers. Prefer crew cab config and 4WD of course. Used to have actual need. Not so much nowadays, but a truck is handy to have available.

Target demographic is ... Space cowboy.

fd0c40e379ae23a7fdd4a7fe52492cd2.jpg

Wow. Over 150 votes cast and over 14% are full sized pickup drivers / hard core truck guys. With annual sales of more than 1.5 Million full sized trucks that equates to over 200k annual sales of Cybertruck to former truck owners. Not to mention the folks who never owned trucks before. Again I know this poll isn’t scientific or statistically relevant but exciting nonetheless. Keep those votes coming in Cybertruck reservation holders!

There’s more confirmation every day that “truck guys” see the value in the utility of the truck over the styling. My neighbor, who has an F150 and an ex-Chevron employee who is probably in his 80s stopped me to talk about it. We talk about Teslas and EVs often. He and his wife live in Idaho half the year and he always laments that he couldn’t use an EV as his main vehicle because there’s a bit of no-man’s-land between his two homes. I never really mapped it out to confirm, but he’s a smart guy, so I respect him enough to take him at his word.

He said he didn’t think it looked that strange. The only thing he cared about is how tough it would be. He said a friend of his near his other home also has a truck and already placed an order for his. Ironically, the Cybertruck may be the Tesla vehicle with the most general appeal to folks across the country across varied demographics. It’ll be interesting to see how it all plays out but it seems like early returns are positive.

I currently own a 2016 GMC Sierra 1500 and a model 3. I also put bigger tires and a 3” lift in it. I love the truck, but will likely be trading it for the features of the Cybertruck. I like the lift in the Sierra, but it made one man loading motorcycles more challenging. With the lift and bigger tires, the truck also didn’t fit into certain parking garages. Also it would be awesome to hook a welder to the 220v outlet.

I did love driving the truck until I picked up the model 3. I’m debating whether it would be worth having both Model 3 and Cybertruck or go back to daily driving a truck. Prior to picking up the Model 3, I was averaging over 500 a month in gas driving the Sierra.

• Informative
Reactions: MichaelP90DL
Have and drive a ram 1500 crew cab every day. Let's just say driving a 20' truck around daily should be interesting for most. I'm predicting allot of cancelled returns after the initial test drive. Have fun getting around the city and maneuvering parkades with one. .. LOL

I currently have a 2016 Tundra, and had a 2003 Tundra for 10 years prior to that, with a brief BMW X5 interlude between that did a great job of reminding me why I always want to have a truck in the stable. Given my current use cases for the truck (and the continued drop in $/kwh for solar), the Cybertruck looks like a good long-term fit for my truck needs.

As a shop and as an individual, we've owned Hummer H1's, Wranglers, F150's, F250's, and soon a Rezvani Tank, so adding the Cybertruck to our collection was a no brainer for us. We love innovation and that's what this truck exudes overwhelmingly!

We have a Youtube channel with a vlog series showing the behind of scenes of our shop which primarily works on Teslas (window tint, clearbra/ppf, aerokits, wheels, etc), and we posted a video explaining the top 5 reasons why we're getting the Cybertruck in case anyone is interested in just hearing from another perspective.

I currently own a 2016 GMC Sierra 1500 and a model 3. I also put bigger tires and a 3” lift in it. I love the truck, but will likely be trading it for the features of the Cybertruck. I like the lift in the Sierra, but it made one man loading motorcycles more challenging. With the lift and bigger tires, the truck also didn’t fit into certain parking garages. Also it would be awesome to hook a welder to the 220v outlet.

I did love driving the truck until I picked up the model 3. I’m debating whether it would be worth having both Model 3 and Cybertruck or go back to daily driving a truck. Prior to picking up the Model 3, I was averaging over 500 a month in gas driving the Sierra.
$500 a month in gas? Owwwwww!

The truck I would be replacing is a Chevy 2500 4x4 crew-cab with 6.5" bed, no topper, no cover. I am a homeowner who likes to do a lot of DIY projects plus yard and lakeshore maintenance. I also have boats, a small tractor, and a utility trailer that get towed on occasion (apx 8500 lbs gross for the heaviest loaded trailer). Living in MN, a 4WD vehicle is handy to have several months out of the year so the truck also serves as my commute vehicle on days the roads have snow. Don't need super long range. We have other vehicles in our fleet - a Ford Explorer that my wife uses for kid transit and grocery-getting. On days the roads are clear, my daily driver is a Corvette (would upgrade to the Tesla roadster if the price was 1/3 of what it is), and my teenagers drive a used Nissan sedan.

I previously owned a mid-size Dodge Dakota 4x4 extended cab with the small v8. It had a 6.5' bed that was 44" wide between the wheels. It was almost like a full sized truck. But when we started building our house on the lake, and started accumulating boats and tractors, and other trailers, I wanted/needed something bigger.

We got the crew cab Chevy so it could fit child seats but in retrospect, the full crew cab capability of the truck was hardly ever used. An extended cab with jump seats would have sufficed for the infrequent times I need to carry a few extra kids in the truck.

All I would like from Tesla is an electric 1/2 ton truck with a traditional open pickup bed 60+" wide and at least 78" long. The stainless exterior, stiffer frame (better ride), and air suspension are a bonus. Not a huge fan of the look of the Cybertruck, but its acceptable. I predict that the sails on the side of the bed impair the open bed functionality and will annoy me nearly every time I am loading or unloading something in the truck. I also worry that they will make other rookie mistakes like putting a trunk in the bed, building a tailgate that isn't sturdy or easily jammed by dirt in the hinge, or the many other little things that pickup trucks have for good reasons.

Not a big fan of roll-top covers (everyone I know who has ever had one eventually removed it due to malfunctions). I wouldn't buy one as an aftermarket accessory, but if it came on the truck standard, I might use it on occasion.

Reactions: MichaelP90DL
The minute I saw it, I knew I was going to trade in my raptor
Ohhhhh, is that a 356 I spy?

Our '99 F250 PSD will probably go down the road too.

Our trucks have always been for work or hauling the fun around, otherwise they sit. Our primaries are hybrids and TDIs.

DM AWD reserved, looking at doing a second DM but perhaps a tri. Quite literally the last vehicles we'll need to ever buy besides motorcycles.