TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Poll for Model 3 Front License Plate holders

Discussion in 'Canada' started by yyzunderdog, May 27, 2018.

?

What Model 3 front license plate holder are you going with?

1. Factory

32 vote(s)
    58.2%
  2. "The Law"

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  3. "The Bandit"

8 vote(s)
    14.5%
  4. "Sto N Sho"

5 vote(s)
    9.1%
  5. Another one not listed

4 vote(s)
    7.3%
  6. None

5 vote(s)
    9.1%
  1. yyzunderdog

yyzunderdog Member

I haven't decided what to do with the front of my upcoming (June 7 - yay!) Model 3. Stick with the stock stick-on front plate, go rogue (front plate required in Ontario) with no plate or get one of the aftermarket models. There are a few threads all around the site - but I thought a little impromptu poll would be handy.

I am leaning towards The Bandit at the moment but that had probably changed multiple times over the last few weeks. I remember the same decision with my old Miata. I eventually just put on a standard one but I always thought the front plate looked like buck teeth.

:)

site references:

The Law - The Law - Tesla Model 3 Front License Plate Bracket (Auto Pilot Compatible) XA1004
    The Bandit - The Bandit License Plate Holder | 1.9.7.5 Creations
    Sto N Sho - 2017-2018 Tesla Model 3 (SNS145)

I'm sure I am missing other options so please feel free to add to the list.

• Informative x 1
  2. DSJ

DSJ Member

Ordered a Bandit, but it likely won't be delivered for a while. Going to go without a plate until then and just hope when I'm pulled over the officer is kind. I've gotten 2 tickets for not having plates displayed on my X already... :(

• Informative x 1
  3. Rlhm3

Rlhm3 Member

Undecided but voted factory since will probably end up being that.

Ideally, wouldn’t glue anything to the bumper. Seems like a design oversight by Tesla so I’m glad that aftermarket options are available.

• Like x 1
  4. yyzunderdog

yyzunderdog Member

How much are the tickets here? I saw in one thread in LA - it's $25.

5. Tony_YYZ

Tony_YYZ Active Member

I'm leaning towards this one: Store - Sly Brackets

Looks like my procrastination on ordering is gonna bite me. There is a shipping delay due to them relocating their office.

• Informative x 1
  6. yyzunderdog

yyzunderdog Member

Arg - foiled by work internet block. Will have to check it out later! Thanks for the other alternative.

7. Tony_YYZ

Tony_YYZ Active Member

#7 Tony_YYZ, May 28, 2018
    Last edited: May 28, 2018
    No problem. It's $75 USD. Here's a video of it in action:

[​IMG]

• Informative x 1
  8. yyzunderdog

yyzunderdog Member

Thanks @Tony_YYZ

9. ksumnole

ksumnole Member

I am going with factory.....and to be quite honest, I don't understand folks apprehension towards it. I don't think the factory plate looks bad at all and I am planning on staying in Ontario so I am always going to need a plate on the front. If for some reason it needs to come off, I am sure a combination of dental floss, goo gone and elbow grease will take care of the adhesive. Quite frankly, that will be the next owners problem.

• Funny x 1
  10. Tony_YYZ

Tony_YYZ Active Member

No problem. Sorry, I had pasted the incorrect Youtube link. I just updated my post with the one I meant to post which shows it installed on a Model 3.

• Like x 1