Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll for Model 3 Front License Plate holders

What Model 3 front license plate holder are you going with?

• Factory

Votes: 36 57.1%
  • "The Law"

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • "The Bandit"

Votes: 9 14.3%
  • "Sto N Sho"

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Another one not listed

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • None

Votes: 6 9.5%

• Total voters

yyzunderdog

May 3, 2018
Port Credit
I haven't decided what to do with the front of my upcoming (June 7 - yay!) Model 3. Stick with the stock stick-on front plate, go rogue (front plate required in Ontario) with no plate or get one of the aftermarket models. There are a few threads all around the site - but I thought a little impromptu poll would be handy.

I am leaning towards The Bandit at the moment but that had probably changed multiple times over the last few weeks. I remember the same decision with my old Miata. I eventually just put on a standard one but I always thought the front plate looked like buck teeth.

:)

site references:

The Law - The Law - Tesla Model 3 Front License Plate Bracket (Auto Pilot Compatible) XA1004
The Bandit - The Bandit License Plate Holder | 1.9.7.5 Creations
Sto N Sho - 2017-2018 Tesla Model 3 (SNS145)

I'm sure I am missing other options so please feel free to add to the list.

• Informative
Reactions: hoang51

DSJ

Jan 7, 2013
Milton, ON
Ordered a Bandit, but it likely won't be delivered for a while. Going to go without a plate until then and just hope when I'm pulled over the officer is kind. I've gotten 2 tickets for not having plates displayed on my X already... :(

• Informative
Reactions: yyzunderdog

yyzunderdog

May 3, 2018
Port Credit
Ordered a Bandit, but it likely won't be delivered for a while. Going to go without a plate until then and just hope when I'm pulled over the officer is kind. I've gotten 2 tickets for not having plates displayed on my X already... :(
How much are the tickets here? I saw in one thread in LA - it's $25.

Tony_YYZ

Tezler Guru
Apr 7, 2016
Caledon, ON Canada
Arg - foiled by work internet block. Will have to check it out later! Thanks for the other alternative.
No problem. It's $75 USD. Here's a video of it in action:

licesneplatebracketformeshgrille_jpg

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: yyzunderdog

ksumnole

May 1, 2018
Ontario
I am going with factory.....and to be quite honest, I don't understand folks apprehension towards it. I don't think the factory plate looks bad at all and I am planning on staying in Ontario so I am always going to need a plate on the front. If for some reason it needs to come off, I am sure a combination of dental floss, goo gone and elbow grease will take care of the adhesive. Quite frankly, that will be the next owners problem.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC