Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Poll] For the Fence-Sitters... What's the #1 Change/Improvement That'd Get You To Buy A Model S?...

Poll: For the Fence-Sitters... What's the #1 Change/Improvement That'd Get You To Buy A Model S?

• 10-15% greater range.

Votes: 7 3.7%
  • 20-30% greater range.

Votes: 19 10.2%
  • $5K cost cut.

Votes: 5 2.7%
  • $10K cost cut.

Votes: 48 25.7%
  • More luxurious interior 'look and feel'.

Votes: 46 24.6%
  • More exterior and interior color options.

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • Lighter weight/better brakes/better 'track' handling.

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • More aggressive or more conservative exterior styling (post which).

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • A coupe or wagon version (post which).

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Better Autopilot functionality/consistency.

Votes: 23 12.3%
  • Greater vehicle reliability.

Votes: 9 4.8%
  • Other (post it).

Votes: 21 11.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If I wanted to support Elon's brainfarts, I would invest in TSLA stock.
Gee, I've invested in TSLA, but that doesn't support Elon, it just makes me money. Enough to buy lots of Tesla vehicles if I want. It sounds like you shouldn't own a Tesla vehicle, as it makes you upset rather than pleased. Concentrating on what you don't have rather than what you have is a good recipe for permanent unhappiness.

Reactions: GaryW
118976d1301695230-whats-modified-addiction-stuff-i_like_where_this_thread_is_going.jpg

Gee, I've invested in TSLA, but that doesn't support Elon, it just makes me money.
The money making is why I suggested investing in TSLA. Rather than paying $8K for vapourware EAP+FSD, invest the $8K in TSLA and if they really do make it work as Elon said they will, you'll be able to afford post-delivery upgrade to FSD and have money leftover! It also offers a hedge, if he's wrong, unlikely it will just go to $0, so even if Tesla screws up completely you can get some of your money, be it 10%, back, as opposed to no money back that you paid for FSD even if they can't deliver (since they won't admit it, they'll just say they are still working on it, or more likely will say nothing as they did about other features they haven't delivered in the past).

It sounds like you shouldn't own a Tesla vehicle, as it makes you upset rather than pleased. Concentrating on what you don't have rather than what you have is a good recipe for permanent unhappiness.
Sadly Tesla won't give me money back on the features they failed to deliver, so selling it isn't going to make me any happier. I did however learn from the experience, and rather than get a P100D and give my wife my P85D as I originally planned, I got my wife a S60D without EAP+FSD - a car with very little vaporware promises, hence much less room for disappointment - more room for happiness :). Yea, almost a year later the car still doesn't have automatic wipers, or reliable BSM, or some other safety features Tesla claimed, but that's nothing compared to missing stuff on P85D.

To answer your next question, the reason I still bought another Tesla after they screwed me is because they were the only viable EV at the time (still are). I did all I could to minimize the room for getting screwed/dissapointed however. Once there are alternatives, I will absolutely give Tesla a fair chance, but I suspect when I stack a Model S against a Mission E, I will probably go with Mission E especially if there is reasonable long distance travel charging available. Porsche never screwed me like that where the car could need a 50% power boost to reach the advertised spec. There may be other alternatives at the time as well. Of course I could be proven all wrong and fully functional FSD is available before Mission E comes out, then Tesla gets another $100K+ from me - still won't pay for any feature I can't verify at the time of delivery.

I like Tesla, I root for them, but I no longer trust them.

From the options I'd say more luxurious interior 'look and feel'.

But what's also lacking to me are simply features. Real adaptive headlights, 360° camera, operate the lift-gate with the foot and so on. On its own I don't think any of those are a real deal killer, but it simply ads up especially when you watch recent reviews of cars like the new Audi A8 or BMW 6-Series GT.

Reactions: FutureShock
I'm waiting for a sports car version 0-60 is okay but there are more facets to driving a car. Handling, transitions, body roll, big meats, big brakes and active suspension. I may be waiting until the Porsche come out.

Yeah, just you...

I love the blind spot indicators on the mirrros, as I check my mirrors before changing lanes.

The one that really pissed me off was the Hondas with the "blind spot mirror" that suddenly turned on the side-view camera when you indicated. That was really distracting, and made your eyes focus on something else.

BTW; I'd like to change my original answer to include "Android Auto, and blind spot mirrors, and storage."

Interesting thread, but why do you need to vote to see the poll? Those who already bit can't see the results without voting.

I voted other. I do think the interior could use more places to stash things in the front seats and a price drop would spur sales IMO. I don't really care about more luxury. I drove a 1992 car for 24 years.