Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

POLL for those with Tinted Windows in their Model 3

Does your tint cause an issue with your auto-dimming mirrors?

• I noticed no change in my auto-dimming mirrors after getting them tinted

• After tint was applied, the auto-dimming mirrors get darker, but it's not an issue

• After tint was applied, my mirrors darken enough to hinder visibility

• I have no tint or no Model 3 but I would like to see the results

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are several threads where people mention tinted windows causing issues with the automatically dimming rear view and exterior mirrors, though not everyone seems to agree. If you got your windows tinted, please vote on the poll below so we can get an idea of how common this problem is.

Additionally, once you've voted if you could mention which tinting product you used at which % VLT, that would be useful information to others considering tinting their vehicles.

It’s not zero but 200-300 dollars maximum to do redo your windshield? Don’t want you to be unhappy the whole time you have your car.

Oh it's more just not wanting to have to deal with unmounting and remounting my fastrak and dash cam, and risking the electronics damage that I've heard of people having from doing front tint and water going into bad places. It'd PROBABLY be fine since I trust my installer, but a little paranoia goes a long way :)

Probably the 90. I just want the thermal rejection now that I can feel the difference between the sun coming through the side glass vs the front.

Thanks for the info! I'm getting 45% on the sides/rear/roof and 70% on the front so this makes me feel better about going lighter on the windshield (it's necessary anyway because of CA tint laws). My installer uses XPEL Prime XR Plus, which doesn't have the lighter VLT options that Crystalline and some others do.