Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll: Frequent black screen at startup?

Frequent black screen at startup?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, just interacted with service on this. Local service asked me to send time/date of occurrences so they could send to intergalactic for diagnosis. I got a text from a central tech saying they confirmed known bug is cause, software fix in release that is in verification stage. They gave me direct email and phone for follow up. I trust this... no idea how long it might take so being patient. My wife had an intermittent startup problem with her 3 last spring, and they fixed with software eventually. Be patient!

PS, where else can you get remote diagnosis and direct email/number for technician? I know Tesla service stretched, but when you get it, it is unparalleled.

I'd say if you're having lots of black screens and/or reboots something is wrong with the hardware OR you've gotten a bad/partially corrupt patch install and you need to have Tesla totally remove the existing software and reload it from scratch.

I'd say if you're having lots of black screens and/or reboots something is wrong with the hardware OR you've gotten a bad/partially corrupt patch install and you need to have Tesla totally remove the existing software and reload it from scratch.
What are your credentials? Isn’t the Tesla tech’s diagnosis reliable? I think so. This issue persists thru software updates, so not a corrupted install. Tesla tech has said software fix, so unless proven otherwise, that’s what it is.

I've posted this on other threads, but it seems that 2019.5.4 fixed my black screen reboot issue. I've had the issue since picking up my car in Nov and it got really bad with 2018.50.6 where it would occur almost everytime I got in the car. Hopefully it stays fixed in subsequent updates.

I've posted this on other threads, but it seems that 2019.5.4 fixed my black screen reboot issue. I've had the issue since picking up my car in Nov and it got really bad with 2018.50.6 where it would occur almost everytime I got in the car. Hopefully it stays fixed in subsequent updates.
Hope you are right. I haven’t gotten 2019.anything yet.