Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

POLL: FSD Camera Retrofit Status

For owners needing camera retrofit, what is your current FSD beta status?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mobile service replaced every camera with the exception of the backup camera. This was done last week. No FSD Beta update yet. I have a 100 safety score. I hear they are not really letting anyone new in so I would expect to be able to get in when they start allowing a new tier of safety scores.

Its based on parts availability said by SC

Anyone below Safety Score 98 get the camera update invite?
Screenshot_20220222-095727_Tesla.jpg

Reactions: pilotSteve
Interesting however if safety score plays no part how come we have not heard of anyone getting the upgraded cameras with a low score? or at least lower than 98... ?
Some owners who were opted out received invites for new cameras. Others with a 100 score have not been invited. It seems fairly random so far. But the number of people sharing their experience on TMC is limited so the small sample size qualifier applies.

Interesting however if safety score plays no part how come we have not heard of anyone getting the upgraded cameras with a low score? or at least lower than 98... ?
I received another message from sc they said we have to check periodically on our apps under service, upgrades an accessories, autopilot camera upgrade, he said we have to wait till the option becomes available, see attached conversation screen shot , sc also said the invite is also based the car configuration as well. My understanding so far is to wait, currently 50k tesla drivers got the beta, and i think this is enough beta test drivers

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220222-100416_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20220222-100416_Tesla.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 66
I received another message from sc they said we have to check periodically on our apps under service, upgrades an accessories, autopilot camera upgrade, he said we have to wait till the option becomes available, see attached conversation screen shot , sc also said the invite is also based the car configuration as well. My understanding so far is to wait, currently 50k tesla drivers got the beta, and i think this is enough beta test drivers
I don't have that option in my Tesla Service section of the app.

Do you?

Me neither, sc said once parts are available the option comes available and we have to keep checking periodically, the other option is to wait for the camera invitation notification through the app, since yesterday my score dropped down to 97🤦🏻‍♂️, after being 99 an 98 for 2 months
I find it very hard to believe that the app is checking inventory/allocation before deciding what options to present. More likely the SC rep has no idea what they are talking about.

Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: pilotSteve
I find it very hard to believe that the app is checking inventory/allocation before deciding what options to present. More likely the SC rep has no idea what they are talking about.

Just my 2 cents.
You are right some sc advisor give wrong information time to time, i think once the retrofit camera parts are available in high quantities there will be the option to vhoose crom in the app, just like the infotainment when the parts was available the option on the app appeared as well, when i was upgrading my infotainment under the app the available dates to choose from was 3 to 4 weeks out but other service request reason the apointment was available in 1 week.
In regards to our model s camera retrofit i dont think there is shortage on parts, i think tesla is controlling the volume.

I didn't have that option under service when I scheduled mine last month. I scheduled a general service and explained in the details that my mx needs camera upgrade. The SC was nice and they confirmed the appointment 2 weeks out and completed the upgrade.

I have upgraded my infotainment in 2020 but still see that option under service section.

Reactions: Dark(S)
I didn't have that option under service when I scheduled mine last month. I scheduled a general service and explained in the details that my mx needs camera upgrade. The SC was nice and they confirmed the appointment 2 weeks out and completed the upgrade.

I have upgraded my infotainment in 2020 but still see that option under service section.
Im goona make another appointment at different SC tomorrow

It will be based on parts availability said by tesla service center
It's already been discussed that this is nonsense. There is no official option in the app.

Also, the official page says it will be based on Safety Score.

There does not seem to be any official reports of anyone advising they had this upgrade done whilst having a safety score below 99. One person said they got it while not being opted in to FSD beta, but they had a 99 score when they opted out.

That is the current situation as far as I know. would love to see people chime in who have it done on whether they were opted in or not and what their safety score was but not getting a lot of data points on that so we are left guessing at this point