Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

POLL: FSD Camera Retrofit Status

For owners needing camera retrofit, what is your current FSD beta status?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's already been discussed that this is nonsense. There is no official option in the app.

Also, the official page says it will be based on Safety Score.

There does not seem to be any official reports of anyone advising they had this upgrade done whilst having a safety score below 99. One person said they got it while not being opted in to FSD beta, but they had a 99 score when they opted out.

That is the current situation as far as I know. would love to see people chime in who have it done on whether they were opted in or not and what their safety score was but not getting a lot of data points on that so we are left guessing at this point
We were opted in, Safety Score of 100 when we received the invite as part of the 2nd round of invites. Our RCCB cameras were installed 1/10/22. We still have not received FSD Beta even though our score has not dropped below 100 since October of last year.

We were opted in, Safety Score of 100 when we received the invite as part of the 2nd round of invites. Our RCCB cameras were installed 1/10/22. We still have not received FSD Beta even though our score has not dropped below 100 since October of last year.
Thank you for your DP. Not what I wanted to hear, but what I expected....

I doubt anyone below 99 has gotten the invite, but hope I am wrong.

Dropped off car at SC this morning for multiple issues. i had entered the option to upgrade my cameras myself and he mentioned if they did it, they would have to update my software from v10 to v11. I told him if that's the case don't do it, I don't want to lose v10. He said he would see if there was a workaround to get the cameras updated without updating the software to v11.

I was not invited to upgrade, I just added it myself but it seems like they were/are willing to do them.

Dropped off car at SC this morning for multiple issues. i had entered the option to upgrade my cameras myself and he mentioned if they did it, they would have to update my software from v10 to v11. I told him if that's the case don't do it, I don't want to lose v10. He said he would see if there was a workaround to get the cameras updated without updating the software to v11.

I was not invited to upgrade, I just added it myself but it seems like they were/are willing to do them.
Ugh, they confirmed they can't do the upgrade without updating the software to v11. So I told them not to do it. Will wait untill v11 gets better (or not so horrible).

Ok thx! I'm assuming the FSD beta will not be installed until cameras are retrofitted. I haven't got the invite yet for the camera upgrades and will see if I can call the SC and request.
I’m in same boat.. bugging support/service and getting reply it is not yet available and that I will be notified when they are available for my May 2017 build Model X. This is extremely frustrating and disappointing.

Reactions: KArnold
Thanks and for those waiting, while its 'cool', you're not missing much yet, I'm in a pretty small town so I can use it w/o to much risk, but I've had it blow a red light already (at a rather slow pace, was super odd), and do some pretty extreme turns on very easy lefts. Its getting better, but its got some more baking to do.

Last edited:
Camera retrofit is installed and fsd uodate has been received and installed as well. Im writing this review when i lost all my hopes to receive the fsd beta on my 2017 model s, for those of you out there still waiting for camera retrofit dont loose hopes, but keep making schedules at your service center, since December of last year, i made several schedules with my local service center also my schedules got canceled or even postponed due to lack of parts, until i changed my service center location and boom finally after 2 reschedules i got a message from my advisor that parts are available, i live in California west los angeles, all my apointment at local s.c didnt work out until i changed my s.c to another city near me in the valley in van nuys city 10 miles away, see screen shot from advisor confirming parts are available, remember tesla did not schedule the retrofit although parts were ready, in my opinion start scheduling your apointment on your app. Go to service>request a service> driver assistants future >cameras and sensors, in comments mention color camera retrofit, if they said parts are not available have them to reschedule your apointment till they have parts.

After parts were available s.c rescheduled another apointment for 2 weeks, once they installed the new camera i picked up my car from s.c drove to my work and by the time i got to work surprise! New updates available, had no idea it would be the fsd update, i got my fsd update with safety score of 97, a few days before the camera upgrade my score was 96, i had once opt out fsd request cause of low 96 score

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220626-142157_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220626-142157_Gallery.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 93
Might be telling if someone tracked when people got their invitations in these threads as most who post here likely would have said so. My impression is that it was several at a time but only once a month. And I was thinking towards the beginning of each month too. Not sure. My invitation came the first week of June

what are all the actual FSD camera parts # that need to be changed, anyone can post their service invoice just showing the parts changed. i just did the camera upgrade on my S but it in the app still says need to replace cameras, i opened another ticket with Tesla service, mobile is coming soon said they missed one camera

what are all the actual FSD camera parts # that need to be changed, anyone can post their service invoice just showing the parts changed. i just did the camera upgrade on my S but it in the app still says need to replace cameras, i opened another ticket with Tesla service, mobile is coming soon said they missed one camera
See this thread for all the part numbers. Wiki - FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting