Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll: FSD is awesome even though it is not FSD

FSD is awesome even though it is not FSD.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Too complicated to boil-down to true/false.

Pre-2019-goalpost-move-and-repackaging-of-features, FSD is garbage because all the value is in EAP and FSD brings almost nothing to the table.

Post-2019-goalpost-move-and-repackaging-of-features, FSD isn't total garbage, but it's extremely overpriced.

City streets NOA/AS will be interesting if it ever releases but until we have L4 on at least the highway, which is many years away and likely won't happen until the useful lifespan of my car is over, FSD will not be satisfactory.

FSD is this for $10k, right? I keep hearing any future stuff is isn't promised so nobody should expect it to ever show up.
  • Navigate on Autopilot (Beta): Actively guides your car from a highway’s on-ramp to off-ramp, including suggesting lane changes, navigating interchanges, automatically engaging the turn signal and taking the correct exit
  • Auto Lane Change: Assists in moving to an adjacent lane on the highway when Autosteer is engaged
  • Autopark: Helps automatically parallel or perpendicular park your car, with a single touch
  • Summon: Moves your car in and out of a tight space using the mobile app or key
  • Smart Summon: Your car will navigate more complex environments and parking spaces, maneuvering around objects as necessary to come find you in a parking lot.
  • Traffic and Stop Sign Control (Beta): Identifies stop signs and traffic lights and automatically slows your car to a stop on approach, with your active supervision
You're also forgetting EAP owners, for which FSD is Traffic and Stop Sign Control (Beta) for $5k.

For the cheaper price, no FSD City Streets for EAP.
"City streets beta" is "coming soon." I have no idea how anyone is supposed to vote if something that is not yet released and may never be released is awesome or not. Hence I completely ignored it. The only thing we know about city streets beta is it was "coming this year" in 2019 and it's 2021.

FSD is this for $10k, right? I keep hearing any future stuff is isn't promised so nobody should expect it to ever show up.
  • Navigate on Autopilot (Beta): Actively guides your car from a highway’s on-ramp to off-ramp, including suggesting lane changes, navigating interchanges, automatically engaging the turn signal and taking the correct exit
  • Auto Lane Change: Assists in moving to an adjacent lane on the highway when Autosteer is engaged
  • Autopark: Helps automatically parallel or perpendicular park your car, with a single touch
  • Summon: Moves your car in and out of a tight space using the mobile app or key
  • Smart Summon: Your car will navigate more complex environments and parking spaces, maneuvering around objects as necessary to come find you in a parking lot.
  • Traffic and Stop Sign Control (Beta): Identifies stop signs and traffic lights and automatically slows your car to a stop on approach, with your active supervision
You're also forgetting EAP owners, for which FSD is Traffic and Stop Sign Control (Beta) for $5k.

don’t forget about the green light chime. I’d pay 3K just for that

• Disagree
Reactions: Demonofelru
Isn't the chime standard even if you don't have FSD or EAP? I had a FSD trial for 3 months, but that green light chime still works in my car after the trial expired.
I have EAP in two cars, one with HW2.5 and one with HW3. I do not get a chime for lights, and see no option to enable it. I've never heard it, and my screen in the HW3 car clearly shows lights and their red/yellow/green status. I've always understood this to be part of FSD and the "Traffic and Stop Sign Control (Beta)" feature.

Why is it so useful? We're all paying 100% attention when using autopilot, since it's an L2 system, right?

Last edited:
I have EAP in two cars, one with HW2.5 and one with HW3. I do not get a chime for lights, and see no option to enable it. I've never heard it, and my screen in the HW3 car clearly shows lights and their red/yellow/green status. I've always understood this to be part of FSD and the "Traffic and Stop Sign Control (Beta)" feature.

Why is it so useful? We're all paying 100% attention when using autopilot, since it's an L2 system, right?
A quick google found it should be under "Controls > Autopilot > Green Traffic Light Chime".
Green Light Chime

Not near my car now, so maybe I can check when I get back to it on weekend, but if this really is a FSD-only feature, it's interesting that mine is still active. Maybe it got toggled on and then when trial expired the variable is still set to on.
However another google found some non-FSD cars also got it even without a trial. Maybe it's a bug in the latest software.