TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Poll: Have you actually paid idle fees?

Discussion in 'Tesla Motors' started by Sonny Daze, Feb 9, 2017.

?

Have you actually paid idle fees at a Service Center?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  2. No

72 vote(s)
    97.3%
  3. Waived

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  1. Sonny Daze

Sonny Daze Member

Curious if anyone has actually paid idle fees at a SC yet, or if Tesla has just been waiving them all so far.

2. Carl

Carl Member

I assume the question is only for those who have actually received a notification on their phone that they were incurring idle fees and have subsequently visited a SC.

3. BerTX

BerTX Active Member

Answered NO because that was the only choice. I have not been to a Service Center since the idle fees were initiated, which is probably the case for most owners.

4. Sonny Daze

Sonny Daze Member

Probably could have worded differently and got more granular with choices, but editing is limited (boooo) just trying to see if anyone has paid anything yet.

5. Kbra

Kbra Member

I think he means SuperCharger (SC)

6. BerTX

BerTX Active Member

No. Idle fees are assessed at the next Service Center visit. I have not been to a Service Center, so I would have no way to know if I have Supercharger idle fees pending.

7. sdorn

sdorn Director of Awesome

Aren't you supposed to get a notice through the app if you incur idle fees? I thought they sent multiple notices warning you about the fee, telling you that you are incurring the fee and then telling you how much of a fee you incurred?

8. AnxietyRanger

AnxietyRanger Well-Known Member

The notifications are not very reliable, nor does everyone use the app, though.

9. BerTX

BerTX Active Member

I don't know the answer to this. Perhaps with the new phone app this might be the case. At the time I was in violation, all I got were messages to move my car.

10. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

Posted this elsewhere, but for a while when I looked at the Supercharger availability stats on the 17", it was also showing me what the idle fees would be. It showed up on all stations, not just ones that were over 50% used. Now that seems to be gone.

11. Galve2000

Galve2000 Member

The 1st week that idle fees were showing up on the 17-inch touch screen it seemed (to me at least) to be pretty random whether or not a supercharger charged idling fees. I don't know if this had to do with some sort of congestion at the time, or what -- but this was also b4 the most recent map update that shows the red bar for the congestion at each SC

I wonder who voted "waved"

I too have not been to a service center since the idle fees were introduced so I couldn't say. Then again I typically leave my battery level to 90% but never charge that high so I don't know why I would be charged idling fees.

12. BigD0g

BigD0g Member

I picked up my car last week and at the time, my DS said all fees will be waived that were incurred before Feb 17 th as a trial run to get users use to the system, but post 17th, they will not waive it, as you've been given your grace period.