TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Poll: Have you bought TSLA shares?

Discussion in 'Tesla, Inc.' started by LDCRS, Jul 25, 2019.

?

Have you bought TSLA Shares? If so how much did you invest?

1. I own a Tesla and I have bought shares. (less than $5,000 worth)

11.9%
  2. I own a Tesla and I have bought shares. ($5,000 - $20,000 worth)

26.2%
  3. I own a Tesla and I have bought shares. ($20,000 - $50,000 worth)

28.6%
  4. I own a Tesla and I have bought shares. (more than $50,000 worth)

21.4%
  5. I own a Tesla and I haven't bought shares.

11.9%
  1. LDCRS

LDCRS Member

In an effort to keep it as objective as possible I want to find out what percentage of Tesla Owners have bought TSLA shares.

Just wondering how much the cars speak for themselves in converting actual owners into TSLA investors.

Hypothetically if say 1 in 5 tesla owners bought $5000 of TSLA shares. At roughly 500,000 vehicles sold globally that would equal $500 million invested by Tesla Owners.

2. mrmage

mrmage Member

So you're surveying in the Tesla *Investor* forum?

3. Big Dog

Big Dog Member

We need another category: I own a Tesla and sold all of my shares.....

• Funny x 1
    • Love x 1
  4. SMAlset

SMAlset Well-Known Member

Only one Tesla owned?

5. KimVerska

KimVerska Supporting Member

Both my husband and I, as well as our two teenagers, own TSLA shares. We are definitely "long TSLA"! Travelled to the shareholders' meeting once and hope to do so again.

6. LDCRS

LDCRS Member

That's a fair point! Honestly didn't really think about where I should post it. Who do I have bug to move the thread to the general section?

• Like x 1
  7. commasign

commasign TeslaAdviceBlog.com

Only $50k in shares as the top tier? :cool:

upload_2019-7-25_20-58-28.gif

• Funny x 2
  8. mrmage

mrmage Member

No kidding. My pop says any poll with less than a billion in the top tier is not worth a response.

Not positive, but Right_Said_Fred seems to exercise dictatorial powers in the main investor's thread.

Edit: Since you already have responses, you might just keep it here because the poll is already tainted.

• Funny x 1
  9. Right_Said_Fred

Right_Said_Fred Moderator

I used my ‘dictatorial powers’ and moved the thread, as requested via PM by the thread/poll starter.

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  10. Dan Detweiler

Dan Detweiler Active Member

As a side note, I initially bought shares BEFORE I bought my Model 3. Used the gains to help with the deposit. 6 months after taking delivery I bought back in when the price was around $190. Gains from this one will probably go to a Model Y. We'll see what happens between now and when Model Y production starts.

Dan

• Like x 1
  11. scubastevo80

scubastevo80 Member

I bought during the most recent price drop when the stock was in the $195 range. My decision was based on the money they'll make from ridesharing and FSD, not technically on pure car sales.

12. powaking

powaking Member

Bought first batch of shares back in 2013. Didn't get my S until end of 2018 and recently bought more on the dip.

13. LDCRS

LDCRS Member

I'd have to say that I expected alot more tesla owners to NOT have bought shares.

Judging by the numbers at this point in the poll - 88% of owners end up being TSLA shareholders. Ha!

14. iqless

iqless Member

That might have to do with where you put up this poll...

I own 15 TSLA shares - at times I've gone as high as 40 and as low as 5.

I mainly play TSLA with options nowadays. Back in June a delivery person from a Tesla store I was at told me their delivery numbers for the month and the past few months. I did some math and it was very obvious that they were going to break some sort of record, so I bought some Tesla calls with August expiry dates, thinking it'd jump after the earnings call.

They did break the records but also announced it RIGHT after the quarter ended, so when the stock jumped I sold the options. My reason was that if they had great revenues to go with the sales records, they would probably have waited until the earnings call to announce everything. And also they were changing pricing on everything so frequently and that made me uneasy about revenue.

And that, kids, how your Warren Buffett of forum mate - yours truly - for once actually THOUGHT of why he was making an investment move instead of "just feeling like it" and it ACTUALLY came out right. Won't happen again.

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  15. LDCRS

LDCRS Member

Why won't it happen again? You don't believe you'll come out on top?

I guess the reason for the poll is just to see how much each car Tesla sells will eventually turn towards x amount invested. For the next say 500,000 cars which they might expect to sell in the next year or so, say 50% invest on average of $10k - That's $2.5billion added to the market cap (is that how it works?)