Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll: Have you bought TSLA shares?

Have you bought TSLA Shares? If so how much did you invest?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In an effort to keep it as objective as possible I want to find out what percentage of Tesla Owners have bought TSLA shares.

Just wondering how much the cars speak for themselves in converting actual owners into TSLA investors.

Hypothetically if say 1 in 5 tesla owners bought $5000 of TSLA shares. At roughly 500,000 vehicles sold globally that would equal $500 million invested by Tesla Owners.

Only $50k in shares as the top tier? :cool:

upload_2019-7-25_20-58-28.gif

Only $50k in shares as the top tier? :cool:

View attachment 434290

No kidding. My pop says any poll with less than a billion in the top tier is not worth a response.

That's a fair point! Honestly didn't really think about where I should post it. Who do I have bug to move the thread to the general section?

Not positive, but Right_Said_Fred seems to exercise dictatorial powers in the main investor's thread.

Edit: Since you already have responses, you might just keep it here because the poll is already tainted.

• Funny
Reactions: neroden
As a side note, I initially bought shares BEFORE I bought my Model 3. Used the gains to help with the deposit. 6 months after taking delivery I bought back in when the price was around $190. Gains from this one will probably go to a Model Y. We'll see what happens between now and when Model Y production starts.

Dan

Reactions: Big Earl
I'd have to say that I expected alot more tesla owners to NOT have bought shares.

Judging by the numbers at this point in the poll - 88% of owners end up being TSLA shareholders. Ha!

That might have to do with where you put up this poll...

I own 15 TSLA shares - at times I've gone as high as 40 and as low as 5.

I mainly play TSLA with options nowadays. Back in June a delivery person from a Tesla store I was at told me their delivery numbers for the month and the past few months. I did some math and it was very obvious that they were going to break some sort of record, so I bought some Tesla calls with August expiry dates, thinking it'd jump after the earnings call.

They did break the records but also announced it RIGHT after the quarter ended, so when the stock jumped I sold the options. My reason was that if they had great revenues to go with the sales records, they would probably have waited until the earnings call to announce everything. And also they were changing pricing on everything so frequently and that made me uneasy about revenue.

And that, kids, how your Warren Buffett of forum mate - yours truly - for once actually THOUGHT of why he was making an investment move instead of "just feeling like it" and it ACTUALLY came out right. Won't happen again.

And that, kids, how your Warren Buffett of forum mate - yours truly - for once actually THOUGHT of why he was making an investment move instead of "just feeling like it" and it ACTUALLY came out right. Won't happen again.

Why won't it happen again? You don't believe you'll come out on top?

I guess the reason for the poll is just to see how much each car Tesla sells will eventually turn towards x amount invested. For the next say 500,000 cars which they might expect to sell in the next year or so, say 50% invest on average of $10k - That's $2.5billion added to the market cap (is that how it works?)