Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

POLL: Have you had to have your 12V battery replaced?

Have you had to have your 12V battery replaced?

• No

Votes: 261 50.0%
  • Yes, once

Votes: 204 39.1%
  • Yes, more than once

Votes: 57 10.9%

• Total voters

tliving

Mar 8, 2014
New England, USA
Just went through this myself after 7 months/18K miles and i'm hearing of more and more owners having their 12V batteries replaced, sometimes up to 3 times. How big a problem is this?

TexasEV

Jun 5, 2013
Austin, TX
I've had mine replaced as I noted recently on another thread, but be cautious of the selection bias here when viewing the results. People who haven't had 12V battery issues would be less likely to click on this thread and answer the poll.

Skotty

2014 S P85 | 2020 3 P19"
Jun 27, 2013
Kansas City, MO
Who is the supplier for the 12v batteries? Anyone taken a look at the markings on the battery or batteries? If you've seen both the original and the replacement, is the replacement the same brand?

sklancha

Jun 3, 2014
Tampa Bay Area, Florida
I've had mine replaced as I noted recently on another thread, but be cautious of the selection bias here when viewing the results. People who haven't had 12V battery issues would be less likely to click on this thread and answer the poll.
%
I think you are very right on this. I happenstance onto this thread while reading this quoted statistic of '75% of Tesla owner respondents have had their battery replaced at least once!" This surprised me since I've met so many fellow Tesla owners, and only one mentioned having a [12 volt] battery problem.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC