Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll: How long did it take for the keyfob "string" to snap from your keychain?

How long did it take for the keyfob string to snap?

• First day

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Within first week

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Within 2 weeks

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Took a while longer

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Hasn't snapped yet!

Votes: 22 84.6%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine came with no string. For the last 11 months I have carried no keys. Only the fob. Garage door code to get in if I am without my car.
...Then last week I took my baby into the body shop (dinged the front bumper- don't ask) and I've been having to do the garage door thing so often that I broke down and had my wife's key copied so I can have one again. I plan to promptly lose it in a drawer again once my S is returned.

When I picked up my car last Monday, this is they keychain they gave me. I guess it "works", but given that it nearly completely covers up the fob itself, it's sort of defeats the purpose of having the fob shaped like a little Tesla. Seems like it wouldn't be that difficult to manufacture fobs with a more usable keyring "loop."
IMG_1870.jpg

Brian, the strings you are referring to are purchased by the San Diego Service and Delivery team for local customers, they are not provided corporate. If you need additional ones, let a Service Adviser know the next time you are in the area.

I carry no keys, problem solved

Been doing this since knowing someone in college who did this.

When I'm in my car that's fine (garage button). When my car is somewhere else overnight, it presents a problem. I've had to tap a friend to borrow my house keys back once already.

I keep my house keys (back door is different than front doors) in my car, and carry them when not with my car. I keep my work keys on a third ring and only carry them when at work.