Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll - how many charge at home?

How do you charge your Tesla?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You're reading too much into the usage of that word. My sentiment is:

There are people who get by just fine solely on Supercharging.

Yup. I don’t drive a lot so if I lived really close to a supercharger, I could see myself rarely charging at home and I doubt I would have paid for my 240V outlet.

I’m guessing that’s a small minority of people, but it would work just fine in that scenario.

No way to increase the 120V to a 20A circuit? How about combine two 120V with an adapter.
220 and 240 Voltage Converters for Everyday Use
Here is how to do this:
1. First you need to ensure you are using a dedicated circuit. If the circuit serves any other outlets or lights you need to disable them.
2. Replace the single pole 20A breaker with a dual-pole 20A breaker. This means you will need two open slots side by side.
3. Wire the black wire to one breaker and the white to the other, leave the ground connected
4. Replace the 120V outlet with a 6-20 outlet
5. Buy a 6-20 adapter from Tesla

If the 120V circuit is rated at only 15A, just buy a dual pole 15A breaker and use a 6-15 plug and adapter instead.

• Informative
Reactions: KenC
I have charged at home since I bought my first Volt! (I'm on my second now, and a Model 3). I also charge with 120 V! Yes, it takes a while when the batteries are low, but in the last 18 months I don't drive a lot. When I'm out of town, I use superchargers (I sort of collect them.) If I'm on a long trip, I only stay at hotels with destination chargers so I'm ready to go the next morning. I'd guess that I recharge at home about 90%, supercharge 8%, destination chargers 2%.

Reactions: LoudMusic
I have charged at home since I bought my first Volt! (I'm on my second now, and a Model 3). I also charge with 120 V! Yes, it takes a while when the batteries are low, but in the last 18 months I don't drive a lot. When I'm out of town, I use superchargers (I sort of collect them.) If I'm on a long trip, I only stay at hotels with destination chargers so I'm ready to go the next morning. I'd guess that I recharge at home about 90%, supercharge 8%, destination chargers 2%.

You should collect them competitively ;)

So long as you don't have more than me! Ha ha!