Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll: How Many Tesla Owners Are Women?

Tesla Owners Men Vs. Women

• I am a female owner of a Model S

Votes: 27 22.3%
  • I am a female owner of a Roadster

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I am a female and I have ordered a Model X

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • I am a male owner of a Model S

Votes: 76 62.8%
  • I am a male owner of a Roadster

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I am a male and I have ordered a Model X

Votes: 5 4.1%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought our S for my wife. Her old car was nearing EOL. I have to ask to drive it. She does let me drive it when we are together! TSLA stock is close to giving me a free X! Just waiting to see what all options it will pay for. Even though she doesn't post on the forum, she was at Teslive...

no pet name yet? just car?

heh, well... We had enough trouble naming our three pets; us not being able to come up with a pet name doesn't surprise me one bit.

in fact two of our pets were named by other people and even then it was probably out of frustration that they had no names to call them after several months of our ownership of the pets... Our poor children, if we ever have any, will probably have to pick their own names once they can talk.

heck, maybe our model s will start talking and pick its own name soon...

heh, well... We had enough trouble naming our three pets; us not being able to come up with a pet name doesn't surprise me one bit.

in fact two of our pets were named by other people and even then it was probably out of frustration that they had no names to call them after several months of our ownership of the pets... Our poor children, if we ever have any, will probably have to pick their own names once they can talk.

heck, maybe our model s will start talking and pick its own name soon...
Perhaps you could start a post and have TMC members help you come up with a name. Give us a little background on you, your wife and your car. I'm sure we could come up with something spiffy. :biggrin:

Perhaps you could start a post and have TMC members help you come up with a name. Give us a little background on you, your wife and your car. I'm sure we could come up with something spiffy. :biggrin:

I quite like that idea Liz! At the very least we could offer suggestions, even if you don't choose any of them, it may get the ideas flowing and help you come up with something of your own!

Maybe this belongs in the already exiting pet names thread...

our beauty is a pearl white P85+ with dark wheels, pano roof, and grey/carbon fiber interior.
I'm from Minnesota and She's from Maryland.

We are both military tanker pilots. Not so green as we might burn over 50k gallons of jet fuel in a day, haHa

what else do ya need to help you guys out?

Maybe this belongs in the already exiting pet names thread...

our beauty is a pearl white P85+ with dark wheels, pano roof, and grey/carbon fiber interior.
I'm from Minnesota and She's from Maryland.

We are both military tanker pilots. Not so green as we might burn over 50k gallons of jet fuel in a day, haHa

what else do ya need to help you guys out?
Since you're both pilots, I think "Windy" fits.
With a Model S in motion (and the radio off), you primarily hear tires and wind.
When people draw wind in cartoons, it's generally white and perhaps somewhat pearlish so that fits as well.

"Windy" is a bit of an unusual spelling for that particular name, so shift to Wendy perhaps -- but then people will think it's a red car when they hear the name before they see the car.

I am female owner of a p85 and I am fairly obsessed with my car. I was not particularily interested in cars before.

I will also note that I work at the global headquarters of a large multinational located in the midwest. There are now three Tesla (all Model s) at work. All are owned by women. I know of a fourth woman at the office who is seriously considering buying one.

- - - Updated - - -

Wishing for S:

Hi,

There is always the Tesla Gen III coming fairly soon! It will lower priced. Or, a used Tesla Model S? There are starting to be posts for used cars. I just saw someone selling a used Model S 40.

She's all mine.

I'm a soul sister. I'm former environmental professional that was one of the first women in my field. I could identify with your chat at Teslive. As a matter of fact I think that I was the one that welcomed our friend at TM to our "crazy family".
I have a performance car habit, but I don't have that uncomfortable hydrocarbon guilt anymore and I still have torque!

I found this response odd. I don't think you're disagreeing with VFX here (or vice-versa).
Not disagreeing, but pointing out that it's likely that women who would be on a car forum would likely have car requirements prioritized much differently, if there was a separate study of only that population.

At least for me, car safety wasn't even on my list!