Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll: I Believe Elon's statement that the Cybertruck will be able to cross rivers and even seas

I believe Elon's promises that the Cybertruck will be able to cross rivers and non choppy seas

• Yes, I believe all that Elon promises

• No. Once again, Elon is lying.

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Right, Cybertruck crossing oceans, tell me something I DON'T know. Cybertruck Gen 2 will be able to submarine and dig its way perpendicularly to China. Gen 3 will feature blast-offing to explore Mars. Full self-submarineing, self-digging, and Self-Marsing however, is still beta........

• Funny
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
Right, Cybertruck crossing oceans, tell me something I DON'T know. Cybertruck Gen 2 will be able to submarine and dig its way perpendicularly to China. Gen 3 will feature blast-offing to explore Mars. Full self-submarineing, self-digging, and Self-Marsing however, is still beta........
1666908509832.gif

• Disagree
Reactions: AMPd
The basic buoyancy math works out, roughly anyway. What I can't figure out is what is the propulsion for the CT in cyberboat mode? Spinning knobby tires in the water ain't going to get you anywhere very quickly, if at all.
Any ideas on what would propel the CT while afloat?

The basic buoyancy math works out, roughly anyway. What I can't figure out is what is the propulsion for the CT in cyberboat mode? Spinning knobby tires in the water ain't going to get you anywhere very quickly, if at all.
Any ideas on what would propel the CT while afloat?

The knobby tires work well enough. Here's someone who's already proven it out (but with more tires and in a diesel truck): Massive Monstermax Pickup Can Float, Drives Right Into Gulf Of Mexico

Can you also steer while floating without a rudder? I am genuinely curious as someone with no river fording experience.

From the article: "The massive treads on the off-road tires act as little paddles and turning the wheels functions as a rudder."

Edit: although a fast moving river might carry you downstream for a bit until the tires can touch river bed.