TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

[POLL] If you placed your order - what did you order

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Firewired, Jul 11, 2018.

?

Which model 3 did you order?

1. Short Range RWD

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Short Range AWD

1 vote(s)
    0.6%
  3. Long Range RWD

50 vote(s)
    27.6%
  4. Long Range AWD

83 vote(s)
    45.9%
  5. Performance without Performance Package

26 vote(s)
    14.4%
  6. Performance with Performance Package

23 vote(s)
    12.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Firewired

Firewired Member

If you have already placed your order, please log which trim/s you picked.

I have seen the spreadsheets showing what has been ordered, but it is hard to visualize an overall breakdown from them. I thought a running poll would be more simple and easier to show a running aggregate of an estimate of breakdown of what people have ordered.

I realize that the first two are not currently available. It will be interesting to see when people start logging that they were able to put in their orders for them.

Thanks

2. Firewired

Firewired Member

Wow, I guess all the LR RWD people are out driving rather than reading the forum.

• Funny x 1
  3. Nate977p

Nate977p Member

Can you please add performance with performance package, very curious on that take rate with all the threads debating it.

• Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  4. Firewired

Firewired Member

Done. With the help of Moderator. If you ordered Performance please adjust your vote.

5. Firewired

Firewired Member

If this is right the proportion of Performance Package is surprising.

6. Big Earl

Big Earl Supporting Member

Bump for some more votes. LR AWD here. :)

7. jgrant

jgrant Member

2nd bump.

8. willa1975

willa1975 Member

Long Range AWD. Prefer AWD to RWD since I spend 9 months out of the year driving in wet, hilly conditions.

9. jgrant

jgrant Member

Guess I shouldn't be surprised nearly half of us went AWD. What's 5K, excuse me, now 4K when your already in the 50s. Did expect performance to be a little higher.

I wonder with GA3 line doing all the AWD versions today and the LR single motor PUP backlog seems to largely be fulfilled soon if they don't start putting dual motor on GA2 line as well?

10. mrfreeze

mrfreeze New Member

I'm guessing RWD people aren't obsessing over the forums because they already have their car, unlike us AWD waiters.

• Like x 1
  11. miltymoots

miltymoots Member

LR RWD order here... definitely in obsessing mode.

12. fishh

fishh Member

I'm quite surprised too. I just don't see all the value in the Performance+ package, other than maybe the Brembos.

13. Firewired

Firewired Member

Do you think the SR vote was an oversight? To me the Performance package was worth it for the grippier tires and wheels which I liked the look of better. Tesla charges $4k for the wheels package alone, so for me potentially higher performing brakes seems like a relative bargain. (Model 3 20" Sport Wheel and Tire Package)

14. Perry

Perry Member

Not worth it if you want lighter 18" or 19" wheels. After all if you are into performance you would probably want to get higher end lighter wheels and probably want to stand out from the stock design. You can get better wheels and better brakes aftermarket for that same price or even less.

15. EricUSC

EricUSC Member

I bet the take rate for LR AWD on new orders will be lower going forward now that the official EPA numbers are out.

16. Firewired

Firewired Member

Why is that? Are you disappointed with the lesser efficiency, even if you are able to achieve the stated 310 range?

17. Snow Drift

Snow Drift Slip Start: [Activated]

18. Big Earl

Big Earl Supporting Member

The 10% efficiency hit for AWD isn't going to change my mind.

• Like x 2
  19. little1er

little1er Member

I think all the people that ordered the Performance + PUP are scouring these forums hoping to actually learn what we're dropping 80K on. At least that's my story. I'm a car guy through and through and can't believe I'm buying a new car that I have barely any info on.

• Love x 1
  20. fishh

fishh Member

People order "performance" cars for different reasons. The P3D looks like it'll be a demon on the streets (even the non-performance AWD would be too) and it's nice that Tesla separated the Performance Upgrades package for those that are buying the car for that reason. For those who are planning on taking it a track/autoX, then that package might be of a bit more value to them.