Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll: Is MS daily driver (DD)?

Is your MS a daily driver?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is my daily driver for my 40 mile round trip commute. All city, no highway. What I love about it as my daily driver? It's the cure for my previously incurable road rage. I don't want to foul the inside of that beautiful, serene, zen machine with those filthy expletives I used to shout every 5 minutes in my ICE. It was like I had automotive Tourettes.

It is my daily driver for my 40 mile round trip commute. All city, no highway. What I love about it as my daily driver? It's the cure for my previously incurable road rage. I don't want to foul the inside of that beautiful, serene, zen machine with those filthy expletives I used to shout every 5 minutes in my ICE. It was like I had automotive Tourettes.

New ad campaign - "Tesla - Cure for Automotive Tourettes". Traffic, which is rare where I live, is now an opportunity to check out new Slacker stations, enjoy the peace and quiet, or more often, roll the window down and talk to other drivers about my car.

Daily driver.

I like that it's so smooth in stop and go traffic, one peddle driving with heavy regen is the best, and that I never have to take time out of my commute to stop and get gas because I fill up at home every night!

...and if you live/are registered in CA you get the HOV carpool stickers so that you can cruise by the rush hour traffic on your daily commute...another reason that the S makes a great daily driver.

My Model S is not only my daily driver, it's my only car. Before I bought it, I drove a '97 S-10 Pickup, which I nearly drove into the ground while saving up for the Model S. I sold it for $500 immediately after taking delivery.

I have a relatively short commute (17mi each way), but it's now far more enjoyable in the Model S. I've never owned (or even driven) a "luxury" or "performance" car before, so it's still like a dream for me.

What I love most about using it for my commute is that about half of my drive is on a state highway (55mph speed limit), but it has a few stoplights. This means I usually get to do at least one 0-60 every time I drive to/from work. If I happen to be sitting next to a Mustang, Corvette, Camaro, etc, then it's all the more fun. :)

Model S is my daily driver and is now the family road trip car as well. My wife drives a Honda CR-V for her daily commute, and before I was considering Tesla, it was meant to be the family road trip car, and I was going to buy a "less practical" and smaller sport sedan.

The Model S and CR-V are the only two cars we own, and we have historically kept our cars for 8+ years each.

Daily driver, but I don't have a commute. Strictly errands.

I haul garbage to the transfer station in this car, believe it or not. (Yes, I got the rubber floormat for the trunk.)

It really does everything.

- - - Updated - - -

Very interesting. I have a theory that some road rage and bad driving is caused by "creep" in automatics. When the car wants to go faster, one may get frustrated when one can't. This does not happen in the Tesla; it goes whatever speed you tell it to go.

Unfortunately, I've had more road rage since I got the Tesla, but I'm sure it's a coincidence. People are speeding and cutting me off more often than they used to; I suspect the local highway patrol has stopped patrolling.

Daily driver and then some. We use the Model S as our primary car, it is very cheap to run, it doesn't make sense to drive our hybrid for weekend errands. I put about 13k miles per year on my previous ICE, it looks like I will put 25,000 on my S in its first year. The more you drive it the cheaper it gets.