Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll: Light or Dark Headliner for Black Ext & Int?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We're going with all black (obsidian, black leather, carbon fiber upgrade, and black 22" wheels. We were originally going to do the light headliner to give a sense of more open space inside. It will be for 75D. However, my husband noticed that for the P100D, they don't give an option for the light headliner, so now he's thinking there's a reason for it. The reason being that it's "better" that it's black on black.

We do have small ones but I'm not too concerned with them touching the ceiling and getting the light headliner dirty.

Any insight on why the performance one doesn't offer the light headliner? And what do you have/wish you had? Putting in the order today or tomorrow!

Reactions: Fellsteruk
We're going with all black (obsidian, black leather, carbon fiber upgrade, and black 22" wheels. We were originally going to do the light headliner to give a sense of more open space inside. It will be for 75D. However, my husband noticed that for the P100D, they don't give an option for the light headliner, so now he's thinking there's a reason for it. The reason being that it's "better" that it's black on black.

We do have small ones but I'm not too concerned with them touching the ceiling and getting the light headliner dirty.

Any insight on why the performance one doesn't offer the light headliner? And what do you have/wish you had? Putting in the order today or tomorrow!
No reason, just pick the one you prefer

Ended up choosing the dark headliner. I looked inside my current car, which is light on top, and somehow there are small stains that are noticeable. With kids, I'll keep it with a dark headliner. Thanks everyone!

Marketing. Back in the day, you were able to customize it however you’d like. I have a MS60D that is all black. Outside, inside, liner, trim. My wife loves it, but it’s too much and too dark for me. When we bought our X, I specifically went with a light headliner and don’t regret it one bit. It opens up the car.

Now negatives are that it’s easier to notice its dirty. I have a couple of smudges on mine.