TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Poll: Light or Dark Headliner for Black Ext & Int?

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by fancyMX, Sep 12, 2018.

1. fancyMX

fancyMX Member

We're going with all black (obsidian, black leather, carbon fiber upgrade, and black 22" wheels. We were originally going to do the light headliner to give a sense of more open space inside. It will be for 75D. However, my husband noticed that for the P100D, they don't give an option for the light headliner, so now he's thinking there's a reason for it. The reason being that it's "better" that it's black on black.

We do have small ones but I'm not too concerned with them touching the ceiling and getting the light headliner dirty.

Any insight on why the performance one doesn't offer the light headliner? And what do you have/wish you had? Putting in the order today or tomorrow!

• Like x 1
  2. Derek Kessler

Derek Kessler Active Member

I prefer the light headliner — it makes the interior feel much more spacious.

3. dragonxt

dragonxt Active Member

No reason, just pick the one you prefer

4. Fellsteruk

Fellsteruk Active Member

Hi

It’s down to personal preference but I just got mine and it’s the same combo obsidian black, premium black with black headliner and carbon.

It’s amazing still feels massive inside, because frankly it is massive :)

5. Anzir

Anzir Supporting Member

I didn't have a choice but I'm glad I got the dark headliner.

• Like x 1
  6. fancyMX

fancyMX Member

Ended up choosing the dark headliner. I looked inside my current car, which is light on top, and somehow there are small stains that are noticeable. With kids, I'll keep it with a dark headliner. Thanks everyone!

7. Fellsteruk

Fellsteruk Active Member

You’ll love it black on black is amazing

8. Yinn

Yinn Active Member

Marketing. Back in the day, you were able to customize it however you’d like. I have a MS60D that is all black. Outside, inside, liner, trim. My wife loves it, but it’s too much and too dark for me. When we bought our X, I specifically went with a light headliner and don’t regret it one bit. It opens up the car.

Now negatives are that it’s easier to notice its dirty. I have a couple of smudges on mine.